Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Do you think we will ever get to see a 15" MBA? I would be an immediate buyer, as I really prefer large/tall screens. What do you guys think? Would YOU consider buying one?

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Totally defeats the purpose of having an "Air" I think anything above 3lbs is in "normal" laptop terrority. If anything, I would prefer to keep everything the same and throw in a better (retina) screen and keep battery the same. I think the design is perfect - I mean what the hell else would they do with it? :confused: make the whole thing 1 thin sheet of aluminum?!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Sum ppl here already having flex prob with the 13" now u want a similarly thin 15"? Not unless it's made out of a stiffer material wo adding weight.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Do you think we will ever get to see a 15" MBA? I would be an immediate buyer, as I really prefer large/tall screens. What do you guys think? Would YOU consider buying one?
I'm with you.. if Apple were to make a non-retina, hi-res, anti-glare, average performance 15" MBA I bet people would be shocked at how many would sell.

I'd buy one in a flash, without a second thought.

I too like a large display, as thin as MBA's are, it would fit in a briefcase quite nicely and be great as an alternative to a pricey rMBP for those that neither need one or want one.

The first rumored 15" MBA that was floated like a trial balloon was great. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.