Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:51 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'Paper' Introduces New Color Mixing Feature and Support for Touch-Sensitive Stylus

iPad sketchbook app Paper, an Apple Design Award winner, has been updated with a clever new color picker that lets users "mix" colors like they would mix different color paint together.

The app also adds support for the Pogo Connect stylus, an $80 drawing tool that uses Bluetooth 4.0 to determine how hard an artist is drawing and Paper adjusts accordingly.

The Verge has more on how the new color mixer works:
Quote:
Paper now includes a circular color mixer that lets you tap to pick a color (using RGB sliders, if you'd like), then swipe in a circle clockwise to mix colors and counter-clockwise to unmix. A long press lets you save the color you've made to one of the many black color slots the app now provides. Color is a $1.99 in-app purchase, like many of the app's add-on brushes. If you don't choose to buy it, you still have access to the palette of colors that shipped with the free app.
Paper for iPad is a free download from the App Store, with additional drawing brushes and the color picker available as in-app purchases. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Paper' Introduces New Color Mixing Feature and Support for Touch-Sensitive Stylus
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Summersify
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Summersify
An amazing addition to a brilliant app
Good job 53! Keep improving it!
Summersify is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:02 PM   #3
AbSoluTc
macrumors 68020

This app is great. Use it frequently. Also have a cosmonaut stylus. Might check out this pogo stylus and see how it is.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:08 PM   #4
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

I may have to download this. Does anyone have the stylus? Think it would be good for my little boy?

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Quu
macrumors 68000

This application is one of the best ever made for the iPad. I love using it and I can't wait to try the colour mixing feature.
Quu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:35 PM   #6
everything-i
macrumors 6502a

Looks fantastic, this is the kind of simple yet functional workflow that separates average UI design form really great UI design.
everything-i is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:03 PM   #7
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Ugh, I wish all these pressure sensitive stylus makers would come together and agree on an standard. It's such a mess right now.

(Either that or for Apple to get over their pen phobia and produce their own.)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:20 PM   #8
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
Ugh, I wish all these pressure sensitive stylus makers would come together and agree on an standard. It's such a mess right now.

(Either that or for Apple to get over their pen phobia and produce their own.)
Much agreed. With some of the recent 180s that they have done, perhaps next spring or fall we will see an "iPad Pro" with a built in active digitizer. One can always hope that Windows 8 tablets with wacom digitizers gain significant market share so that Apple takes the demand seriously.
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:29 PM   #9
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Thanks for the advice guys. One more stupid question...

Once the screen goes full page so its just the white paper, how do you get the pens and colours back?

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:31 PM   #10
zoomy942
macrumors newbie

Swipe up form the bottom of the screen
zoomy942 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:38 PM   #11
Zoligirl
macrumors newbie

Great app!

This is by far the best drawing tool I have used on the iPad. I can't believe people are complaining about the price - have you ever bought art supplies? Cost a heck of a lot of more than this did! Recommending this to everyone I know who sketches!
Zoligirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion