Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boneslasher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
ITALY
Dear all,
today I logged into iTunes to listen to a few of the 3.5k songs I have uploaded to iTunes Match few months ago.
... just to discover that they are still in the list but with the grey exclamation mark next to them ... Seems they can't be found anywhere.
This happened to roughly 80% of my library.

I know Apple had some problems concerning iTunes in these last weeks.
Should it be a passing thing like "the-server-where-my-music-is-phisically-stored-is-temporarily-down"? or something more serious?

Thanks all

M. G.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
The exclamation mark tells you that the songs have been moved and iTunes can't locate them. Have you moved your music recently? Keep in mind that even when using iTunes Match, the songs in iTunes are still your local copies, that is unless you're using iTunes Match on a second machine. If you are, those songs will be streamed to the computer from within iTunes.

chrisefaw

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
North Carolina
I bought a new Macbook and set up iTunes to pull from the local files I have saved on an external HD through my Airport Extreme. Previously I had these files set up at my office computer. Now, my office computer won't load any of my music. Shouldn't it pull it from the cloud? I uninstalled iTunes, signed out, signed back in. What's going on?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I bought a new Macbook and set up iTunes to pull from the local files I have saved on an external HD through my Airport Extreme. Previously I had these files set up at my office computer. Now, my office computer won't load any of my music. Shouldn't it pull it from the cloud? I uninstalled iTunes, signed out, signed back in. What's going on?

If your music is now at home but you still want to access your music at the office, you'll need to remove the songs from iTunes and turn on iTunes Match on your machine at the office. This will allow you to stream your music when at the office. The other cool thing is that if you add music at the office, it will appear in iTunes at your house.

chrisefaw

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
North Carolina
If your music is now at home but you still want to access your music at the office, you'll need to remove the songs from iTunes and turn on iTunes Match on your machine at the office. This will allow you to stream your music when at the office. The other cool thing is that if you add music at the office, it will appear in iTunes at your house.

You're the man. I had iTunes Match on but it was still trying to pull it from the local files. I turned off iTunes Match, deleted all the music, and turned it back on which pulled it from my home computer and the cloud using Match. Thanks for your help!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
You're the man. I had iTunes Match on but it was still trying to pull it from the local files. I turned off iTunes Match, deleted all the music, and turned it back on which pulled it from my home computer and the cloud using Match. Thanks for your help!

Good deal. Glad you're all set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.