Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
https://twitter.com/p0sixninja/status/264976857647169536

Joshua Hill known as Posixninja, a guy who has played part in many jailbreaks states that between the elite of the hacker community they have enough exploits for an iOS6 jailbreak.

Threads such as this hints that there is to much drama in the dev community right now for them to cooperate towards a common goal.

He might also have lied, but he has released enough jailbreaks and hacks to have proven his worth. He is also viewd as the leader of "The Cronic team". I don't know the root of the problem Joshua has with the dev team. But as far as I can see from his newer tweets, it seams that he is more childish than Eric (MuscleNerd) is back at him, I do however not know that Joshua started it.

I suggest that people tweet Joshual @posixninja and ask him kindly that if he has anything to further the development of the iOS6 jailbreak, to work out his differences with the Dev-Team.

Last edited:

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I suggest that people tweet Joshual ( @posixninja ) and ask him kindly that if he has anything to further the development of the iOS6 jailbreak, to work out his differences with the Dev-Team.

Yes, I am sure dozens or hundreds of tweets from MR members would help the situation. :rolleyes:

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Yes, I am sure dozens or hundreds of tweets from MR members would help the situation. :rolleyes:

If you have a better suggestion, please. Hoping peer pressure to work out his problem with what seams to be a kind group of people probably wont hurt.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Leting the guys work in peace without bothering them usually gets a new JB faster…..

Well basically what Joshua is saying is that between them they have enough exploits to make a jailbreak. But they will not work together or share. If they did work together and share they could maybe make the jailbreak in a day or two, and make it ready for release in a week or three.

I totally agree that letting them work without getting bothered usually gets the jailbreak finished faster. But It seams that between them the trail and error work is mostly done, this kind of work relies on luck and skill to work it faster. As pod2g says every time he is confronted with finding an exploitable bug faster than expected "I was lucky". This is the hardest part of the jailbreak, the rest of the work is more reliant on methodical work than this part.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
there is a bit more to this story than it seems, it's rare to see them publicly arguing, i think outside pressure will make it worse.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
there is a bit more to this story than it seems, it's rare to see them publicly arguing, i think outside pressure will make it worse.

My best guesstimate is that it roots somewhere around that Apple fixed SHatter before it was released. And that this is not the only thing in between them.

EDIT, let me rephrase that:
*that it heavily has something to do with that Apple fixed SHatter before it was released.*

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I'd take this with a grain of salt.

The devs said they had plenty of iOS 5 exploits before the GM was even released, and it still took months before we saw the 4S jailbroken.

I still don't expect anything before January at the earliest. They will probably even wait for 6.1 now, since the betas are out there in the wild.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Or probably wait till they can test it also on the new ipad and ipad mini.
Maybe a userland JB that will work on all 6.1 ios devices.
Would be nice:)

A6X is the A6 basically and the mini has an A5.

The real issue is iOS 6, since I'm sure we will never see a boot room exploit for anything after the A4

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
A6X is the A6 basically and the mini has an A5.

The real issue is iOS 6, since I'm sure we will never see a boot room exploit for anything after the A4

That's my assumption too. All userland jailbreaks for now on in my opinion. I base this on absolutely nothing except for the fact limera1n was the last one and all the hackers said it was very unlikely during the jailbreak research for the 4S. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but it's probably unlikely.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
That's my assumption too. All userland jailbreaks for now on in my opinion. I base this on absolutely nothing except for the fact limera1n was the last one and all the hackers said it was very unlikely during the jailbreak research for the 4S. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but it's probably unlikely.

The A5 will become almost irrelevant completely within a year, so if they're going to research any boot rom exploits, I'd hope for the A6 now. But given the A5 is nearing 2 years old and there's no bottom exploit, I'm sure we will never see one.

Last edited:

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I really hate myself for selling my jb 4S. After waiting so long for the 4S jailbreak I vowed I wouldn't upgrade to a new iphone until a new jb was ready for it, but I broke my rule to get the max $ for my 4S that I could at that time. Waiting for jb's is exhausting. I'm not pointing my complaint towards the people who work on it, I'm just saying, it sucks in general. I don't want to go to android, or any other phone, but man, stock iOS is just brutal. I hate it. THIS TIME, I will DEFINITELY not sell my iphone until the new iphone is already jb. Wish me luck! :eek:

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I really hate myself for selling my jb 4S. After waiting so long for the 4S jailbreak I vowed I wouldn't upgrade to a new iphone until a new jb was ready for it, but I broke my rule to get the max $ for my 4S that I could at that time. Waiting for jb's is exhausting. I'm not pointing my complaint towards the people who work on it, I'm just saying, it sucks in general. I don't want to go to android, or any other phone, but man, stock iOS is just brutal. I hate it. THIS TIME, I will DEFINITELY not sell my iphone until the new iphone is already jb. Wish me luck! :eek:

I agree.

I'm going to avoid the S cycle likely too. The jailbreak is just too damn good to go without.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA

Stock iOS is brutal to the point that it did make me go android. Not to mention the poor quality of the hardware. I would've kept the iPhone 5 for 2 years with a jailbreak but I'm sure the phone would've looked like a piece of **** within 6 months with the materials they used. The iPhone just isn't fun to use stock. You guys have a lot more patience than I do. Hope you guys get your jailbreak sooner than later.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
https://twitter.com/p0sixninja/status/264976857647169536

Joshua Hill known as Posixninja, a guy who has played part in many jailbreaks states that between the elite of the hacker community they have enough exploits for an iOS6 jailbreak.

Threads such as this hints that there is to much drama in the dev community right now for them to cooperate towards a common goal.

He might also have lied, but he has released enough jailbreaks and hacks to have proven his worth. He is also viewd as the leader of "The Cronic team". I don't know the root of the problem Joshua has with the dev team. But as far as I can see from his newer tweets, it seams that he is more childish than Eric (MuscleNerd) is back at him, I do however not know that Joshua started it.

I suggest that people tweet Joshual @posixninja and ask him kindly that if he has anything to further the development of the iOS6 jailbreak, to work out his differences with the Dev-Team.

cmon.... of course they want to share..

they have enough exploits for the "failbreak" which they dont want to share.. because the failbreak is used to find more exploits for a public untethered JB..

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
@Chpwn just showed iPad4 jailbroken with the failbreak, appears they have some progress

They can't release the failbreak, it needs a Dev account, they would be breaching copyrigtht with Apple.
It's not that they don't want to..

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
what.... you are kidding right?
how old are you?

Could ask you the same, but then I would have to resort to ad hominim attacks like you are doing.

Peer pressure is a grave psychological effect if applied in the right way. It can result in people taking drugs, going to war, killing them self, making up, getting a tattooed.

There is much difference if they get 1024 tweets "hey posix****r, u sow lame u better go sai sorri to tha dev team n' stuff" and them getting 50 tweets saying "Hope you guys work it out"

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
What is the point of "another" iOS6 jailbreak thread ?

As with all the others, they just disintegrate into an insult fest between those new to jailbreaking (who usually struggle with waiting for the newest jailbreak) and those of us who have been around long enough to know that these take time (always have and always will).

All the info in all of these combined iOS6 jailbreak threads is all available on Twitter or via a 2 minute Google search. And without all the insults that these threads produce.

IMHO, these threads are counter-productive.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Could ask you the same, but then I would have to resort to ad hominim attacks like you are doing.

Peer pressure is a grave psychological effect if applied in the right way. It can result in people taking drugs, going to war, killing them self, making up, getting a tattooed.

There is much difference if they get 1024 tweets "hey posix****r, u sow lame u better go sai sorri to tha dev team n' stuff" and them getting 50 tweets saying "Hope you guys work it out"

hahahahahahahh

its *hominem*

seriously dude.. you think they are going to release it faster due to peer pressure??? remember geohot?

----------

As with all the others, they just disintegrate into an insult fest between those new to jailbreaking (who usually struggle with waiting for the newest jailbreak) and those of us who have been around long enough to know that these take time (always have and always will).

All the info in all of these combined iOS6 jailbreak threads is all available on Twitter or via a 2 minute Google search. And without all the insults that these threads produce.

amen... people just need to chill and not bother the devs. Seriously cant believe the OP said he was trying to peer pressure them.. like they are 14. "oh **** @siggen is peer pressuring me to release the JB.. let me put my job/family/life on hold and speed up this"

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
hahahahahahahh

its *hominem*

seriously dude.. you think they are going to release it faster due to peer pressure??? remember geohot?

amen... people just need to chill and not bother the devs. Seriously cant believe the OP said he was trying to peer pressure them.. like they are 14. "oh **** @siggen is peer pressuring me to release the JB.. let me put my job/family/life on hold and speed up this"

Neither Latin nor English are my first language, and you are still doing ad hominem attacks. I never said to peer pressure them to release the jailbreak, if you actually read the thread you can see that the peer pressure would be for them to consider making up, as those sitting on different exploits needed are in conflict.

@dhlizard, the point of this thread is discussion about a statement that posixninja has said, as well as conflict of the famous hackers. Not to make conflicts at this forum.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

Neither Latin nor English are my first language, and you are still doing ad hominem attacks. I never said to peer pressure them to release the jailbreak, if you actually read the thread you can see that the peer pressure would be for them to consider making up, as those sitting on different exploits needed are in conflict.

@dhlizard, the point of this thread is discussion about a statement that posixninja has said, as well as conflict of the famous hackers. Not to make conflicts at this forum.

im sorry you feel that i was attacking you personally but i was genuinely asking how old you were..

Peer pressure is generally only effective in younger peers, and people of low esteem.. and even more so in person... not over twitter. Most adults could care less what others think they should do..especially to some random twitter follower.. (not really a peer). That is why i inquired of your age. Nothing personal..

Like dhlizard said.. just chill on it.. dont follow it close enough to the point where you are disccusing their tweets on a forum. It's only going to make the jailbreak seem to take longer. Its coming... just going to take time like the 4s did when it launched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.