Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
With iPhones, iPads, laptops and living in a world where we're connected most minutes of the day, it can admittedly be difficult at times to get actual work done.

One quick video on youtube can turn into 5 or 6, not to mention the boring stream on Facebook many individuals are addicted to even though the news remains the same... Boring and unimportant.

We all have our mindless and numbness websites we visit and it can strike us differently. Some can hit procrastination during the morning routine, while others can purposely go deep into Google News during the midday... As opposed to getting actual work done. For some its an expected daily occurances, who,e for others we may succumb to wasting an hour on MacRumors every few days.

Ill be the first to admit that I should do more work than I actually do. This includes readings and writings, considering I'm a university student. I've been a MR member for years now. I love my Apple products, ranging from having a MBP, iPhone and iPad 3. Lately, I've migrated to an 11inch MBA, iPhone 4 and hoping to grab an ipad Mini today. People know I love my Apple Products. The question is, is it discipline in getting work done or if you reading this have evolved higher and have broken free from the shackles of procrastination, or have just realized you have better things to do than mindlessness surf the web... I mean, how have you done it? Or... Is reading this thread not the most important thing you can be doing?

Secretively, I purchased an 11in. MBA for portability.. Same reason I'm hoping to grab an ipad mini too... But I'm also hoping the reduction in size will pursuade me to be out and about more so than staying in seated at a desk for hours at a time going back to the same websites hoping to updates.

It's early, Monday morning and figured I'd ask this question.

Ill reply after all, I'm expecting to just be in a line at the apple store in Santa Monica hoping ipad minis are available.

Good morning!

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I try to refrain from replying to questions on how I deal with spending too much time online. Especially if they're long-winded questions.

This strategy doesn't seem to be working.

Poonz

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Tecumseh, ON, CA
I've pretty much come to terms with it and am not planning on changing. In fact by buying an iphone 5 I'm actually paying to do it faster, thinner, and lighter.

Nathen

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Well mostly I spend my time in listing music and chatting with my fellows on face book.I like movies also.This activity have fun and enjoyment.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I turn off Wi-Fi on my Mac and turn on Do Not Disturb on my iDevices when I'm studying. I also avoid putting the phone on the table so that I don't fiddle away the time playing with it.

If I absolutely must go on the Internet to look up something, I set a timer.

It takes a lot of determination but it does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.