Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:55 PM   #1
hellokaren
macrumors newbie

13' Macbook Air Wifi Hardware Not Installed after water spill

Hello everyone,

I have a 13' Macbook Air (10.8.2) and last week, I spilled water on top of the keyboard. However, I had a keyboard cover on it and immediately wiped the water on top away. It continued working for 10 minutes. I walked away for 45 minutes only to have my computer not working anymore, and realized there was some water that went underneath the computer. I put it in rice for 96 hours and tried to turn it on. I was excited to see that it worked, but the Wi-Fi is not working. It has the "wifi hardware not installed" error. I'm thinking this is probably something caused by the water.. Do you guys think that just the Airport/Wireless board is damaged or should I worry about the (expensive) logic board too? I have Applecare, which I realize is void because of water, but should I take my computer in to the Apple Store and say that my wifi is not working?

I don't know what to do! Please help out, thank you!
hellokaren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

A cheap option would be to use a wifi dongle in your USB-port. Otherwise you'll have to pay for a new wifi-card installed, which won't be covered
Lukewarmwinner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:06 AM   #3
stickyfingers85
macrumors regular

I would just take it to an Apple store and see what they say.

Don't mention the water spill and just see what happens, you might get lucky

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air