Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Wall Street's obsession with Apple and innovation

So another wall street analyist put out a doom and gloom report on Apple complaining that the company isn't innovating anymore. He used the iPad mini as an example saying a smaller iPad is basically no big deal. Excuse me, but wasn't it the wall street clowns who were constantly whining about how Apple had to make a smaller iPad to compete with the Kindle and Nexus, with the "iPad killers"? Then when Apple does that these same clowns claim it's boring, no big deal, not innovative. Basically Apple can't win no matter what they do. It's like tails you lose, heads I win. So *(&#^ frustrating.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:50 PM   #2
smoledman
macrumors 65816

I can FEEL your anger. Take your iWeapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
smoledman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
I can FEEL your anger. Take your iWeapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
As a stockholder it pisses me off because I do think that meme plays into the stock being in bear territory. I mean it was 7 years between the iPod and iPhone. No company can create revolutionary devices every year. And what are others doing that's so revolutionary? Attaching a keyboard to a tablet isn't new. Creating phones with bigger screens....how is that different than creating a tablet with a smaller screen. If the iPad mini isn't innovative than 5" phones aren't either.

I'm not suggesting there aren't areas where Apple needs to step up. But I think Tim Cook recognizes that, hence the executive refocus he implemented. I just fail to see where all these other tech companies are doing all this innovation and Apple's not. Apple is able to pack all this amazing tech in thinner and lighter devices and everyone yawns. Google creates a 7" consumption tablet and the media has an orgasm. Seems like a double standard.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Newton70
macrumors regular

I know exactly the person you are referring to. The guy is an admitted short seller of apple stock, the more the stock goes down the more money he makes. His arguments are simply silly and completely baseless. Apple has a fortress-like balance sheet, sells products that are in high demand, has solid revenue growth, makes boatloads of money, pays a dividend, and is currently trading at a crazy low valuation (even more so when you back out the cash it has on hand). Even if Apple sees slower revenue growth etc it's still worth far more than today's close.
Newton70 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:11 AM   #5
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Apple truly has become the MS of the '10's. They're so huge and nearly ubiquitous these days, everyone and their grandma are going to be looking at them, praising them on hand, criticizing every single thing they do, and overblowing every little mistake they make on the other.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Dr McKay
macrumors 68040

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Different groups of people complaining. Obviously the ones complaining at the current time will always be louder than the people who are quietly satisfied.

If they didn't release the iPad Mini a different group of people would be complaining that Apple needs to make a smaller tablet.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion