Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I payed $3 to get my iPhone 5 unlocked on eBay. They asked for my IMEI then I got the email telling me the phone has been unlocked roughly three hours later.

They told me to restore the phone through iTunes to complete the unlocking process.

So my question is this. I'm really not in a hurry to do the whole iTunes restoring thing. I'm wondering will that unlocking thing always be there for whenever I do restore or do I need to do it now before its too late?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I payed $3 to get my iPhone 5 unlocked on eBay. They asked for my IMEI then I got the email telling me the phone has been unlocked roughly three hours later.

They told me to restore the phone through iTunes to complete the unlocking process.

So my question is this. I'm really not in a hurry to do the whole iTunes restoring thing. I'm wondering will that unlocking thing always be there for whenever I do restore or do I need to do it now before its too late?

You're fine. The unlock will always be there.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Thanks for the reply. My phone is running great as is. I didn't want to restore nothing if I didn't have to.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
You don't have to restore if you can find a t-mobile nano sim to pop in.

The restore doesn't actually finish the unlocking process. It just gives you confirmation it worked. A t-mobile nano sim will do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.