Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
how come i cant get mine to work. i keep running it down and then charging fully and i just keep getting -- dashes. not sure why this wont show me my battery life. had the phone a week and havent noticed it yet.

any help?

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
so this is really pissing me off. i charged all the way again today and it started to keep my numbers. i go in to check tonight and its cleared again. why does it keep clearing. i havent charged it. charged to 100% and am at 41%. why is this not working? i am trying to see what i get for battery since i dont think its all that great.

is there a reason it keep clearing?

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
this morning after a full charge it didnt reset. so it still had my numbers from last charge. so i did a reset with home and sleep button and came back as dashes. then i plugged back in and it started back with zero. this is crazy. not sure what to think

can someone tell me, if my uasge is showing and i do a hard reset, will it clear my stats until the next full charge?

Thanks

Garen

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Los Angeles Area
this morning after a full charge it didnt reset. so it still had my numbers from last charge. so i did a reset with home and sleep button and came back as dashes. then i plugged back in and it started back with zero. this is crazy. not sure what to think

can someone tell me, if my uasge is showing and i do a hard reset, will it clear my stats until the next full charge?

Thanks

Yes it will clear your stat it is normal so don't worry and enjoy your phone.

Cheers

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
has anyone else charged the phone fully to then go into the usage section and realize its not keeping the stats. showing dashes?

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I've only ever seen the dashes whenever i've reset or resprung (when jailbroken) on my 4, 4S or 5.

So if you want to see the times then dont reset anything.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I've only ever seen the dashes whenever i've reset or resprung (when jailbroken) on my 4, 4S or 5.

So if you want to see the times then dont reset anything.

mine must have some glitch, cause it leaves dashes almost every time. its only not left dashes only twice in two weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.