Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firstsamurai02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Hello Every one

i am new with IPHONE, i just got one IPHONE 4S ISO 6.0 from online Sale, phone carrier Verizon US. i would like to use this phone in Canada on FIDO network. first i tried to get Factory unlock but no luck. then i tried GEVEY Ultra S. i am able to successfuly unlock it and able to send call and received call , but on top let its says NO Service. can anybody help me how to fix it. and second issue i am still getting TXT msg from old user, how i can fix these issue

Thanks

TouchArchive

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
IL
Hello Every one

i am new with IPHONE, i just got one IPHONE 4S ISO 6.0 from online Sale, phone carrier Verizon US. i would like to use this phone in Canada on FIDO network. first i tried to get Factory unlock but no luck. then i tried GEVEY Ultra S. i am able to successfuly unlock it and able to send call and received call , but on top let its says NO Service. can anybody help me how to fix it. and second issue i am still getting TXT msg from old user, how i can fix these issue

Thanks

FiDO work on GSM Service?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
There are two types of Gevey Ultra S turbo sims. GSM and CDMA. The GSM gevey according to AppleNBerry's site unlocks iOS 6. The one you would need is a CDMA Gevey, which doesn't unlock iOS 6.

firstsamurai02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
There are two types of Gevey Ultra S turbo sims. GSM and CDMA. The GSM gevey according to AppleNBerry's site unlocks iOS 6. The one you would need is a CDMA Gevey, which doesn't unlock iOS 6.

so it mean i have to go back to ver 5.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Actually it is possible to create an AppleID without a credit card. Follow this article. However, if you created an AppleID say through MobileMe or iCloud, you will have to provide some type of billing information to use the same account with iTunes.

firstsamurai02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks Very much for your input, Actually i am able to make Apple ID without Cradit Card, i just have to select "NONE" on Credit Card Information page and fill all other Information like my name and address.

NOW Next Question
HOW I CAN ACTIVATE MY IPHONE 4S with ITUNES or ANY OTHER WAY TO ACTIVATE MY IPHONE.

firstsamurai02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
can any body help to fix this issue, i am able to call, receive call, send and receive msg, can do facetime but on top left its says NO SERVICE

any can help? whould i need to do

i am using 4S IOS 6 Gevey Ultra S (this phone was locked to Vorizen)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
can any body help to fix this issue, i am able to call, receive call, send and receive msg, can do facetime but on top left its says NO SERVICE

any can help? whould i need to do

i am using 4S IOS 6 Gevey Ultra S (this phone was locked to Vorizen)

Its probably because of the gevey unlock.
Leave it alone, if everything else works get over it.
With a hardware unlock hack you cant expect everything to work perfect, the only thing that doesnt is carrier name display and signal bar.

firstsamurai02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Its probably because of the gevey unlock.
Leave it alone, if everything else works get over it.
With a hardware unlock hack you cant expect everything to work perfect, the only thing that doesnt is carrier name display and signal bar.

i just notes i was able to TXT through my apple ID not through my Service Provider, i don't have data plan, so when i am not connected with WIFI i am not able to send or receive TxT msg. at start up it try to activate phone and say it may take some time, but never activate, so i was thinking may be there is some way to activate or bypass activation without any issue ? may fix NO SERVERICE Issue

Last edited:

saanaa

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
The same problem

Hi there,
I have the same issue with my iPhone 4S locked by Verizon. But my OS is 5.0.1, and I have GEVEY which should work with GSM and CDMA. With it I am able to make and receive calls and receive SMS. I can't send messages... And I see NO SERVICE in the upper left corner.
Also installed FuriousMod, but nothing changed.
Will appreciate any help. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.