Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1
dgrog
macrumors member

Movies: Stored in iMovie/iPhoto as well?

So, I've got 170GB of movies in my movies folder in finder. I originally imported these to iPhoto then used iPhoto to import them to iMovie (was much quicker this way).

When I go to About this Mac, it says I have about 370GB of movies stored on my computer. And I'm running out of space! So basically, are my movies being 'duplicated' and also stored in iPhoto and iMovie? And if so, how do I get rid of them to free up some space?

Many thanks
dgrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:22 PM   #2
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
they are being imported into imovie but are still in iPhoto. Once imported to iMovie delete from iPhoto.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:42 PM   #3
dgrog
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
they are being imported into imovie but are still in iPhoto. Once imported to iMovie delete from iPhoto.
Sorted thanks. I had tried deleting them from iPhoto but nothing happened....just discovered there was a Trash folder - deleted from there too now sorted.

dgrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
excellent! glad it worked out.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store