Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crooks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
CALIFORNIA!
I'm going to call Verizon and ask for a replacement, as my home button has been extremely finicky. I took it into a repair shop and all they did was tighten the home button, but it didn't seem to help. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a Warranty Void sticker in the iPhone 5?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You dont call verizon for warranty service.
You will have to contact apple for a replacement.
Verizon is just the carrier, Apple is the manufacturer of your phone and the one responsible for warranty repairs or exchanges.

Crooks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
CALIFORNIA!
Yes, but the nearest Apple store is 60+ miles away from me. It'd be much easier to just call Verizon and have them ship me one. They should be having iPhone 5 CLNR in stock now, since its been 2 months, right?

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Yes, but the nearest Apple store is 60+ miles away from me. It'd be much easier to just call Verizon and have them ship me one. They should be having iPhone 5 CLNR in stock now, since its been 2 months, right?

That's not how an iPhone warranty works. If you were within your 1 month return period this might be an option but since it sounds like you have had it longer than that they will probably just blow you off.

You're probably wasting your time with calling Verizon IMO. Verizon isn't going to swap your phone with brand new stock if your not within your 30 days.

Just call the 1800 apple number and have them ship you one if you don't want to drive 60 miles. Tell them to put a hold on your CC and they will ship yours without you shipping yours first otherwise they will want you to ship yours to them first and you would have to wait.

Crooks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
CALIFORNIA!
That's not how an iPhone warranty works. If you were within your 1 month return period this might be an option but since it sounds like you have had it longer than that they will probably just blow you off.

You're probably wasting your time with calling Verizon IMO. Verizon isn't going to swap your phone with brand new stock if your not within your 30 days.

Just call the 1800 apple number and have them ship you one if you don't want to drive 60 miles. Tell them to put a hold on your CC and they will ship yours without you shipping yours first otherwise they will want you to ship yours to them first and you would have to wait.

Well I've done this with my iPhone 4 in the past. It rebooted itself constantly and Verizon shipped me a CLNR one and I shipped the defective one in the past.

Did their policy change or something? I'll call just to see what I can do

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I'm going to call Verizon and ask for a replacement, as my home button has been extremely finicky. I took it into a repair shop and all they did was tighten the home button, but it didn't seem to help. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a Warranty Void sticker in the iPhone 5?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

From personal experience of replacing an iPhone screen, there's nothing holding he home button there besides black electrical tape. Pretty much not any way to "tighten" that.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
From personal experience of replacing an iPhone screen, there's nothing holding he home button there besides black electrical tape. Pretty much not any way to "tighten" that.

They didn't tighten squat. They said that to shut you up.

MacBoy88

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Illinois
Pics or it didn't happen

Verizon will replace phones under factory warranty...I've done it MANY times. twice with my iPhone 4 and MANY MANY MANY times with BlackBerry/Android before VZW had the iPhone. You can walk into a corp store for a replacement.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Try something original. Your response is laughable.

It's good to hear the OP got the issue resolved.

Your an L 7 weenie

----------

Verizon will replace phones under factory warranty...I've done it MANY times. twice with my iPhone 4 and MANY MANY MANY times with BlackBerry/Android before VZW had the iPhone. You can walk into a corp store for a replacement.

Good deal!

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Verizon is shipping me a replacement.

Interesting... I wonder if verizon refurbing their own returns? I know AT&T did at one point but their QC was terrible. I'd much rather deal with Apple for a replacement but glad it worked out for you.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Well it literally wasn't working. I had to press the home button multiple times to have it function. Anyways, I'm calling now. We'll see what happens :rolleyes:

Nope, doesn't matter. They didn't do squat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.