Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
I'm going abroad soon and need to get my iPhone 5 unlocked, and i came across this website. Has anyone had any experience with them? Good or bad?

mikemac66

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

I would not use http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk if I were you.
Their site is not secure. You are daft if you give them your bank details over a site that is unsecured.

They are a 2 bit company. If they were in any way official they would use official payment methods.

Avoid them like the plague.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
I would not use http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk if I were you.
Their site is not secure. You are daft if you give them your bank details over a site that is unsecured.

They are a 2 bit company. If they were in any way official they would use official payment methods.

Avoid them like the plague.

I suppose i could use a prepaid card to pay for it, that way they cant screw me over. As long as they can unlock i'm happy.

Or do you know of any other ways to get it unlocked? Tried contacting orange but they say they cant unlock it.

jrz

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2012
I used them. They were great, but expensive. Unlock within 24 hours. Since I unlocked my iphone with them, I have seen a ton of other services, as low as $5 I think on ebay. For that reason alone, I’d avoid them and go search this forum & find a more cost effective route (which is a service through ebay, I just can’t think of the actual service off the top of my head).

sweborn

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Do not use this page: officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. You will not get the money back if they can't unlock your phone. Even if they promise it.

aldhanji

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2014
They are cheats, they scammed me

OfficialiPhoneUnlock refunded me my money, I have no issues with them

Last edited:

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
They scammed my friend. He ordered Vodafone UK unlock but,

They didn't deliver and made lam excuses. At the end they were asking for more money.

Avoid them..

Totally cheaters.

dsmcld

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
I'm going abroad soon and need to get my iPhone 5 unlocked, and i came across this website. Has anyone had any experience with them? Good or bad?

======================================================

:mad:I ASSURE YOU VERY VERY BAD !!!! :mad:

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
It worked really well for me. AT&T unlock, 4-7 days, took four and I got it for £24.99. A little pricey but the other £7.99 one with another website failed me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.