Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Algoriddim Launches Vjay for iPhone, Offers Djay for iPhone For Free

Algoriddim today launched vjay for iPhone, the smaller brother of vjay for iPad which launched earlier this year.

The software allows creative types to remix music videos in real time, similar to what djay does for music. djay for iPad won an Apple Design Award in 2011.
Quote:
Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. Or use your iPad's built-in camera to create your very own music video live. vjay lets you get creative with your content, display directly to a TV, stream wirelessly via Apple TV, or record your performances live to share on your favorite social channels.
To promote the launch of vjay, Algoriddim is giving away djay for iPhone and offering djay and vjay for iPad for half price.

vjay for iPhone is available on the App Store for $0.99. [Direct Link]
vjay for iPad is available for $4.99, down from $9.99, for a limited time. [Direct Link]
djay for iPhone is available free for a limited time. [Direct Link]
djay for iPad is available for $9.99, down from $19.99, for a limited time. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Algoriddim Launches Vjay for iPhone, Offers Djay for iPhone For Free
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:13 PM   #2
taxiapple
macrumors regular

djay was one of my favorite apps until I put my music into iTunes Match and found that djay would no longer work. Unfortunately, djay will only work with music loaded on your device.
taxiapple is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:21 PM   #3
extricated
macrumors regular

I may check this out.

Does anyone have experience/impressions on previous versions/platforms?
extricated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4
ualymerej
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiapple View Post
djay was one of my favorite apps until I put my music into iTunes Match and found that djay would no longer work. Unfortunately, djay will only work with music loaded on your device.
djay works fine for me with my iTunes Match music that hasn't been previously downloaded.
ualymerej is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 PM   #5
taxiapple
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ualymerej View Post
djay works fine for me with my iTunes Match music that hasn't been previously downloaded.

The songs you are playing must be on your device.

Per algoriddim support center, regarding djay and iTunes Match......"As there is no way for djay to access songs in iCloud, they have to be downloaded onto your hard disk before you can play them in djay."
taxiapple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:54 PM   #6
thelink
macrumors regular

I used to have this for iPad. Hated it so much I sold it to my buddy. Just happy I got my money back otherwise I would've been ticked.
thelink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:00 PM   #7
thedarkhorse
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelink View Post
I used to have this for iPad. Hated it so much I sold it to my buddy. Just happy I got my money back otherwise I would've been ticked.
how did you sell an app tied to your itunes account?
thedarkhorse is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:57 PM   #8
Shorties
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiapple View Post
Well they just updated it this week to support iTunes Match, but it only shows your your tracks, you still have to go into the Music app and download the tracks you want to use for Djay to be able to use them. But I don't know, that doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I always download my favorite playlists before I leave the house anyway.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion