Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
I had some nice stickers/decals for my iPhone 4 to protect the back glass and keep it slim. However with all the stories of the anodised costing peeling off the iPhone 5 so easily would be advisable to avoid using a them for this device?

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I had some nice stickers/decals for my iPhone 4 to protect the back glass and keep it slim. However with all the stories of the anodised costing peeling off the iPhone 5 so easily would be advisable to avoid using a them for this device?

I have a Skinomi full body skin on mine, and best I can tell, the aluminum seems to be fine. The first back skin I placed, I removed multiple times and reapplied when switching between two iPhone 5s initially, which required application with the liquid solution each time. I will say, the skin is a bleeep to remove from the aluminum compared to the glass. It seems to "bond" with the metal very well. However, I have not noticed any peeling or adverse effects on the case. Sent from my iPhone 5.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Stickers/skins/protectors won't effect the anodised coating. If anything they will protect it from chipping off.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I hope some people report back here after having skins on for a few months. No one knows yet how it will affect the anodized surface. It could royally screw it up. It does concern me that these solutions (as mentioned above) stick harder to the aluminum. That doesn't bode well to leaving it un-blemished after it's been stuck to it a few months.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.

Wife has sticker on the back of hers. No problems what so ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.