Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Next iPad and iPhone Due in "Middle of 2013"?

Digitimes reports that Apple's suppliers will enjoy a particularly strong 1st Quarter of 2013. The reason cited is due to new iPad and iPhone products "around the middle of 2013".
Quote:
Apple is expected to introduce its next-generation iPad and iPhone series around the middle of 2013, which will boost demand for ICs in particular communications related chips during the latter half of the first quarter, according to the observers. Component orders placed by Apple, which climbed to high levels prior to the iPhone 5 rollout, will rise again between March and April, the observers indicated.
The "middle of 2013" claim is offered very matter-of-factly despite Apple's recent history of offering fall releases for the iPhone and now the iPad. For example, the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 launched in September and October, respectively.

The claim is somewhat consistent with another report that reported that Apple is already starting trial production of the iPhone 5S with volume production planned for early 2013.

Still, we are hesitant to read too much into this report just yet. Digitimes has had a mixed record in the past with its share of both hits and misses. If the iPhone and iPad launch will indeed be accelerated, we are certain to hear more in the coming months.

Article Link: Next iPad and iPhone Due in "Middle of 2013"?
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:27 AM   #2
MattG
macrumors 68040

Works for me. I'll be about due for an iPhone upgrade at that point.
MattG is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 AM   #3
iThinkIt
macrumors regular

That's when I'm due for a new one... I get a new one.. and pass on the 4S to my daughter.
iThinkIt is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Fresh1
macrumors regular

Queue the flame posts.
Fresh1 is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 AM   #5
cmichaelb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Works for me. I'll be about due for an iPhone upgrade at that point.
Same here, hope this is accurate! But with Digitimes, who knows...

Last edited by cmichaelb; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
cmichaelb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 AM   #6
AJH1993
macrumors regular

Really dislike how Apple releases new stuff in 1 year or in a half year. Because they know people have the "I need the latest and greatest" mindset.
AJH1993 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Simplicated
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJH1993 View Post
Really dislike how Apple releases new stuff in 1 year or in a half year. Because they know people have the "I need the latest and greatest" mindset.
Perhaps they should keep the iPhone 5 forever and not compete with other phone manufacturers.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:32 AM   #8
troop231
macrumors 601

Waiting for the iPad mini with Retina display more than anything.
troop231 is offline   15 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:35 PM   #9
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop231 View Post
Waiting for the iPad mini with Retina display more than anything.
When I first held the iPad mini, my hand told me this is the one. When I first looked carefully at the non-retina display, my eyes told me I can do better. My eyes won, it has to be a retina display. I'm hoping that we get both the next iPhone and iPad/iPad mini a few months earlier than most people are expecting.

I think there's a possibility that Apple could shift the iPhone release back to June, with the iPad/iPad mini releases following a month later just in time for the back to school buying season with the holiday season soon after. The only question is will we get a 5S with the same design or a redesigned 6? I think a retina display on the mini and a lighter 9.7" iPad (maybe a half pound lighter) are safe bets at this point. All of this depends on the progress that Apple is making with iOS 7, which I hope is significantly better than iOS 6.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:40 AM   #10
AJH1993
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicated View Post
Perhaps they should keep the iPhone 5 forever and not compete with other phone manufacturers.
Sorry, I forgot we're all supposed to worship Apple on this site.
AJH1993 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM   #11
drakino
macrumors regular

The part rampups could just be a longer production run before release. The typical indicator though will be when they announce iOS 7 for developers. If it happens around March, then sure, summer for a new phone. If iOS 7 beta appears in June/July, then it will probably be a September release.

Whatever it is, it will be my next phone. Decided the 4S would be my 2 year phone, soon to be on T-Mobile.
drakino is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:32 AM   #12
WindWaker
macrumors regular

Hopefully iOS7 will come with them. I would love to see larger 1/2 year upgrades.
WindWaker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:40 AM   #13
JGRE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Why? If they do, you dont like them for updating in high speed and if they don't you are going to buy a Samsung because you think they are slow and don't inovate.

There seems no way that Apple can please people anymore

I think they have no choise as Samsung, Google and Amazon (and the rest) is bringing new phones and tables into the arena on a weekly basis. The one-year cycle is not working anymnore today

Last edited by JGRE; Nov 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
JGRE is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:16 PM   #14
John Adams
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRE View Post
I think they have no choise as Samsung, Google and Amazon (and the rest) is bringing new phones and tables into the arena on a weekly basis. The one-year cycle is not working anymnore today
Not only that, but this "one phone fits all" mentality has got to stop. Does a car-maker make just one car? Samsung is kicking Apple's butt right now and they, Apple, know it. They have to change their strategy. Different people want different phones. Apple makes many different computers, different iPods and now different iPads so lets see a few different iPhones.

So many people would buy an iPhone if it were just BIGGER. 4.8" phones sell like freaking crazy. Come on Apple!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
Anyone who thinks Apple will never release a larger iPhone are probably the ones who said they will never release a smaller iPad. Only a matter of time...
But they are waiting way too long.
John Adams is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:20 PM   #15
michaeljohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Samsung is kicking Apple's butt right now and they, Apple, know it.
I wouldnt go that far. They sell more total units, but they have what? 20 phones? Apple has one and it outsells any individual Samsung phone and by a mile.
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:55 PM   #16
John Adams
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
I wouldnt go that far. They sell more total units, but they have what? 20 phones? Apple has one and it outsells any individual Samsung phone and by a mile.
How many total phones does Samsung sell?

How many total phones does Apple sell?

That's all that matters.
John Adams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:41 AM   #17
TimUSCA
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This is a problem with people's "I need the latest and greatest" mindset and not a problem with Apple.
TimUSCA is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:00 PM   #18
koban4max
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post
This is a problem with people's "I need the latest and greatest" mindset and not a problem with Apple.
Those type of people continuously victimizing themselves..... so be it.
Nothing wrong with that.
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:03 PM   #19
wikus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post
They could always get a Samsung SIII to feed their latest and greatest egos. if not, those are the true fanboys.
wikus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 AM   #20
willcapellaro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
But with a 1/2 year regular release schedule, at least people don't delay purchase and fret too much about timing.

I'm still enjoying my iPad 1 but I don't know how to time my next purchase (which is not entirely necessary). Mini/full size complicates that as well.

So while I'm not wasting money buying new models of each release, I'm spending time researching and deliberating.
willcapellaro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 AM   #21
jarnold
macrumors member

Quote:
Except every other company does this. Some even on a greater scale. You guys complain when they don't update fast enough then you complain when they do update and keep up with technology. Make up your damn mind
jarnold is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:23 AM   #22
KamuiVII
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnold View Post
Except every other company does this. Some even on a greater scale. You guys complain when they don't update fast enough then you complain when they do update and keep up with technology. Make up your damn mind
agreed... does anyone remember Nokia did this back in the day, first it was the like 5000 series then the 5100, then the 5150, 5200 etc...
KamuiVII is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:27 AM   #23
SamGabbay
macrumors 6502

Half a year later

Tim "Goodmorning."
Tim "Goodmorning..."
Tim "Goodmorning....."
Tim "Goodmorning!"

Phil "Introducing iPhone 5S, our fastest most powerful iPhone yet"
SamGabbay is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Popeye206
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I guess they should have just stuck with the iPhone 1 and never did an update??? The logic in your statement makes no sense.

Updates are a fact of life with technology. I'm just glad that I can upgrade when I want and know that what I'm buying will keep working until I'm ready to upgrade again. Plus, when I do upgrade, I won't loose anything I had before.
Popeye206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 AM   #25
mike423
macrumors regular

Honestly.

The things happening with Apple lately wouldnt surprise me if they launch ipad 5 and iphone 6 by the end of next year.

The world lost Steve and Apple lost the world.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion