Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:24 PM   #1
MacPat333
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dubai
Missed opportunities ... Why didn't I get it...

Hey guys,

I just need to be a little sad and mad about myself at the same time.

Today I found a used 2011 MBA 4GB RAM 11" on the local Craigslist (dubbizle) for approx US $ 400.00 and I was thinking the entire day if I should get it or not. One thing that kept me away was that my brand new 13" 8GB/128/i5 is coming soon and the fact that my wife would have killed me if I would have gotten another one.

But when I finally decided to call the guy the deal was gone, MBA sold. I think I could have gotten it, used it for 2-4 weeks and sold it for the same if not some more money afterwards.


So, I guess what I am trying to say is that if you guys had a similar experience you can post it here and try to make yourself better again.

Thanks.
MacPat333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I cry why I didn't load up on Apple shares when it was $25.
Mrbobb is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:53 PM   #3
orangezorki
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPat333 View Post
Hey guys,

I just need to be a little sad and mad about myself at the same time.

Today I found a used 2011 MBA 4GB RAM 11" on the local Craigslist (dubbizle) for approx US $ 400.00 and I was thinking the entire day if I should get it or not. One thing that kept me away was that my brand new 13" 8GB/128/i5 is coming soon and the fact that my wife would have killed me if I would have gotten another one.

But when I finally decided to call the guy the deal was gone, MBA sold. I think I could have gotten it, used it for 2-4 weeks and sold it for the same if not some more money afterwards.


So, I guess what I am trying to say is that if you guys had a similar experience you can post it here and try to make yourself better again.

Thanks.
Don't worry too much - we all miss out on good deals like that, and when buying from a place like that there is always a chance that there will be a problem, be it a stolen machine, or a functional one that isn't immediately obvious.

Try buying a house or flat - getting gazumped or having a developer string you along or put the screws on you will put this into perspective.

And, most importantly.... Enjoy your 2012 MBA when it arrives!

David

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
I cry why I didn't load up on Apple shares when it was $25.
Don't mention that - you might make me cry. I don't want to go into details, but back in the late nineties, if a certain person had listened to me, I'd be a multi-millionaire!

David
orangezorki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:54 PM   #4
MacPat333
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangezorki View Post
Don't worry too much - we all miss out on good deals like that, and when buying from a place like that there is always a chance that there will be a problem, be it a stolen machine, or a functional one that isn't immediately obvious.

Try buying a house or flat - getting gazumped or having a developer string you along or put the screws on you will put this into perspective.

And, most importantly.... Enjoy your 2012 MBA when it arrives!

David
Thanks mate,
I know what ou are talking about, apartment is a big thing to look after. Actually, buying all those tech stuff isn't very healthy either, always the want to have something new and better. But hey, the wife spends money on clothes and handbags, so I guess we just keep it balanced.

Yeah, can't wait for my MBA to finally arrive, already waiting 9 days and I was to.d it can be up to 30 days. Hope it won't be that long.
MacPat333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:28 AM   #5
AoS
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I wouldn't feel THAT bad.

1) Craigslist never 100% safe
2) No guarantee that the product is fully functioning
3) 11' vs 13' is actually pretty significant (screen, more palm real estate, SD card)
4) 2012 MBA has USB 3.0, faster processor, way better graphics card.
5) 8 GB is a great future proof investment.
AoS is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:33 AM   #6
kylera
macrumors 6502a
 
kylera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Seoul
I always say that if you're going to extensively use a certain device, it's best to pay upfront and deal with as few headaches as possible.

Don't feel bummed from missing that deal.
__________________
Current Macs: 2012 13" MBA | 2011 27" iMac | PowerBook G4 12" | eMac 700Mhz
Current iOS: iPad 4 3G 64GB | iPhone 4S 16GB
kylera is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing My Sales Opportunities Version 1.9 mso-m4c iPad Apps 1 May 27, 2013 06:26 AM
What new business opportunities does iOS6 offers? FutureChips.org iOS 6 0 Jul 14, 2012 09:07 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC