Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Posts Two New iPhone 5 Television Ads, 'Orchestra' and 'Turkey'

Apple just posted two new iPhone 5 television ads. The ads are entitled 'Orchestra' and 'Turkey'. Orchestra focuses on the microphones that Apple uses to reduce background noise during calls. Turkey shows off the Shared Photo Stream feature of iOS 6.

Quote:
Excuse me, maestro? Bring it down please!
Better.
That's what happens to background noise when you're making a call on this.
This microphone here picks up the sounds around you and helps turn them down.
So when the world gets noisy, calls sound better.
Quote:
Well, it's that time of year again.
You know, picture taking season?
And, with Photo Stream, you can share all the photos you want.
With just the people you want.
It's as easy as pie. Mmmm... pie.
Article Link: Apple Posts Two New iPhone 5 Television Ads, 'Orchestra' and 'Turkey'
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:15 PM   #2
ellsworth
macrumors 6502a

Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?
ellsworth is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3
troop231
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?
Either Jailbreak and edit it, or wait for Apple to become a wireless carrier. The latter would be as tasty as well, pie
troop231 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Quote:
When the carrier "LTE" starts selling them or wait for a jb
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Hey at least with Apple you don't have the carrier logos plastered all over the hardware:

Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:47 PM   #6
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Hey at least with Apple you don't have the carrier logos plastered all over the hardware:

Image Image
I've seen worst than that mate.
Thumb resize.

Right on the home button! Gross!!
wordoflife is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:09 AM   #7
dreadnort
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordoflife View Post
I've seen worst than that mate.
Thumb resize.

Right on the home button! Gross!!
This threads about the adverts not Samsung bashing again, the carriers put the logos on not samsung or any other maker.

i do like the apple ads
If this was an ad in the UK it will be the same turkey but you'd also see granny sat in the corner hammered on sherry and the nosie reduce feature will be that the iphone can mute out grannies farting
dreadnort is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:09 AM   #8
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnort View Post
This threads about the adverts not Samsung bashing again, the carriers put the logos on not samsung or any other maker.
This isn't Samsung bashing (I also posted an HTC phone by the way) but its the OEM's that bend over for the carriers. That's why they have so many freaking models and allow the carrier logos on their hardware. [/OT]

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream View Post
You can easily buy the S3 without any carrier logos. You will eventually be able to be the Droid DNA without logos too.
Unlocked, unsubsidized phone though, right? My subsidized AT&T iPhone has no AT&T logo anywhere on the hardware.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:02 AM   #9
tdream
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Image Image
You can easily buy the S3 without any carrier logos. You will eventually be able to be the Droid DNA without logos too.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:51 PM   #10
deannnnn
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Why does it matter? Don't you want to know what network you're connected to?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maclver View Post
Ok, so why are the pictures in the turkey ad full screen, whereas the pictures I have taken on my 5 have the black bars on the top and bottom?
Cropped for the commercial.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:28 AM   #11
4jasontv
macrumors member

Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannnnn View Post
I know what network I am connected to. It is the same one I send $200 a month. It's not like it changes when service gets spotty.
4jasontv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:05 AM   #12
ellsworth
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannnnn View Post

----------

Cropped for the commercial.

My bill that comes to my doorstep every month is all I need as a reminder
ellsworth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:15 PM   #13
Sixtafoua
macrumors 6502

The pictures in the turkey one look really yellow and muggy. They look like pictures I'd take with my iPhone, not apple marketing materials.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:16 PM   #14
DoNoHarm
macrumors 65816

Question is, is that microphone in the 5 somehow better than the 4 or did they just change the shape of the darn thing and they expect people to upgrade?
DoNoHarm is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:18 PM   #15
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNoHarm View Post
Question is, is that microphone in the 5 somehow better than the 4 or did they just change the shape of the darn thing and they expect people to upgrade?
There are 3 microphones in the iPhone 5. 2 in the 4 and 4S.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:18 PM   #16
iMacx
macrumors member

I just don't like the feel of these.. I know they aren't snobbish but the orchestra one comes off that way.
iMacx is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:37 PM   #17
bwillwall
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacx View Post
I just don't like the feel of these.. I know they aren't snobbish but the orchestra one comes off that way.
How on earth is that snobbish? Have you seen some of Apple's ads against competitors? Have you seen SAMSUNG'S ADS!?
bwillwall is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:23 PM   #18
maccompatible
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillwall View Post
How on earth is that snobbish? Have you seen some of Apple's ads against competitors? Have you seen SAMSUNG'S ADS!?
Complaining about snobbish ads is like all of the gates. People just want to sound smart.
maccompatible is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 AM   #19
CindyRed
macrumors member

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillwall View Post

The Samsung ads that basically tell you that you're an idiot if you buy an iPhone? They usually have "Cool Guy McGee" wearing his Caulfield Prep coat and Paul Smith beanie using augmented reality maps, or some other mobile app gimmick like that on his daily walk past an Apple Store line. Love those. I was always afraid Apple users were perceived as pretentious and smug, but Samsung users have undoubtedly taken that crown with those ads.
CindyRed is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:38 PM   #20
coolfactor
macrumors 65816

Quote:
You just contradicted yourself, so which is it? Are they snobby or not?
coolfactor is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:23 AM   #21
LizKat
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Actually the one with the orchestra struck me as funny. Don't some performance halls just jam cell signals during events? That solves the whole issue of cellphone disruptions, especially when an event is to be recorded professionally.
LizKat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:25 PM   #22
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Quote:
There is another mic in the 5.

I am a big fan of the new ads. I like them. Much better then the "Genius" ones.
Comeagain? is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:26 PM   #23
Aidan5806
macrumors 6502

Quote:
They added a third.
Aidan5806 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:30 PM   #24
Boatboy24
macrumors 6502

Gotta be honest, I love the shared photo streams that were mentioned in the Thanksgiving commercial.
Boatboy24 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:23 PM   #25
jclardy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
4S just has top and bottom mics for cancelling background noise on the recipients end. This new third mic on the back helps cancel out noise through the earpiece on your end, so you can hear the other party when in loud environments.

It actually creates a strange feeling pressure in your ear when it turns on, but it does seem to actually work. I believe it essentially plays an inverted waveform back into your ear to cancel out the frequencies that are going in, so in theory all you should hear is the caller, but in reality the earpiece can't perfectly drown out every sound, but it still has a pretty dramatic effect.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Racer37 View Post
These ads are ****. again. If you need to SPEAK to get people to UNDERSTAND then its not INTUITIVE. HOW IS THAT SO HARD FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND?!?!

I miss Steve...
Actually it is so intuitive that people don't even know about it when they have the phone, calls are just magically easier to hear when using the iPhone 5. The ad attempts to get this knowledge out there as it is something that pretty much every other phone does not do (They do cancelling for the recipient like iPhone 4/4S, but not for your own earpiece.)

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion