Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:49 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Beginning to Catch Up on iPhone 5 Demand in U.S.

AppleInsider reports that Apple has nearly caught up with demand for the iPhone 5. This is based on data gathered by Piper Jaffray in nightly checks of 100 retail Apple Stores.
Quote:
"As we get closer to the holiday, we believe consumers will likely have the ability to walk into an Apple Store and walk out with an iPhone 5 within the next two weeks," Munster said.
Available stock of the iPhone 5 has varied by carrier. Sprint models have been more readily available, while Verizon more scarce. But recently, all models are becoming more available:

Meanwhile, there's also been evidence of improved supply on Apple's own online store with shipping estimates for new iPhone 5 models dropping to 2 weeks for the first time. Previously, iPhone 5 ship dates were out as far as 3-4 weeks, improving to 2-3 weeks last week, and now at 2 weeks.

Article Link: Apple Beginning to Catch Up on iPhone 5 Demand in U.S.
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Shasterball
macrumors 6502a

Munster needs to learn grammar. lol
Shasterball is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:55 AM   #3
chadua
macrumors member

Why on earth didn't the person who made that graph align the graph colors with the colors of the company logos?
chadua is offline   19 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4
sazivad
macrumors 6502

Last edited by sazivad; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
sazivad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Bchagey
macrumors 6502

After having the same phone for 2 years, then finally getting my upgrade, it was frustrating having to wait so long for the iPhone 5 to be available to buy or even ship to me! Glad they are catching up for the holiday season.

Last edited by Bchagey; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Small change
Bchagey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 AM   #6
MOKHAN
macrumors 6502

Come on Rogers
MOKHAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:10 AM   #7
psac
macrumors 6502

This is only a good thing. I still see very few iPhone 5s out in the wild (besides my own.) I have to think the demand is there, but people still think it's too hard to get.
psac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:04 PM   #8
RobertMartens
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchagey View Post
After having the same phone for 2 years, then finally getting my upgrade, it was frustrating having to wait so long for the iPhone 5 to be available to buy or even ship to me! Glad they are catching up for the holiday season.
Waiting for new phones is truly frustrating. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out. (I don't actually pull my hair out though.)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700.
Do you mean you also might not have read about it?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Seriously, kind of old yanno?
Did you just say 'yanno'?

I went to school with a Ukrainian kid named Yanno!

My God Jessica has 31,000 posts and this is the first time I have made fun of her! Remarkable.
I need a new phone, One that won't make me sick, One that won't make me crash my car, Or make me feel three feet thick, One that won't hurt my head, One that won't make me nervous,Wondering what to do
RobertMartens is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:40 AM   #9
JHankwitz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to JHankwitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadua View Post
Why on earth didn't the person who made that graph align the graph colors with the colors of the company logos?
Because, like 80% of Excel users, they don't have a clue about making any changes to a default chart. Another 10% do know how, and make changes only because they can, and make them so confusing and distracting that they become useless.
JHankwitz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:58 PM   #10
blue22
macrumors 6502

bingo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadua View Post
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too!
blue22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:08 PM   #11
SactoGuy18
macrumors 68020

Send a message via Yahoo to SactoGuy18
I would have gotten an iPhone 5 (32 GB) by now thanks to better phone supply now, but the prices for the cellphone monthly pricing plans are just ungodly expensive for either AT&T or Verizon!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:10 AM   #12
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Take THAT, Galaxy S3

It will be interesting to see the quarterly results that actually include the new iPhone for a whole quarter. No other single phone can beat it.

But the real test of Smartphones is profits, and Apple ALWAYS beats Sammy's butt there.
iGrip is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:31 AM   #13
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Take THAT, Galaxy S3
It will be interesting to see the quarterly results that actually include the new iPhone for a whole quarter. No other single phone can beat it.

But the real test of Smartphones is profits, and Apple ALWAYS beats Sammy's butt there.
Why does this always have to come down to "sticking it to" Samsung? Seriously, kind of old yanno? The SGS3 is a pretty awesome damn phone.
GoCubsGo is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:36 AM   #14
b-rad g
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Why does this always have to come down to "sticking it to" Samsung? Seriously, kind of old yanno? The SGS3 is a pretty awesome damn phone.
Thank You! Getting tired of hearing all this "Samesung" crap! If I wasn't immersed in the Apple Ecosystem I would have an SG3.
b-rad g is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:42 AM   #15
The Bogeyman
macrumors member

Still 2-3 weeks in the UK. Mine's due for delivery 27th-3rd. The shops only have availability for contracts only and since I will not allow myself to be tied in for 2 years, I have to wait.

Customised Macbook Air 2014 8GB, 512GB, i7, , Apple TV (3rd gen) iPod Classic 160GB and iPhone 6 Plus (64GB) in slate grey.
The Bogeyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:44 AM   #16
frayne182
macrumors 6502

Well this is a pretty obvious news post.

This goes along with "Apple is making new things next year" news post that was posted the other day.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:34 PM   #17
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rad g View Post
Thank You! Getting tired of hearing all this "Samesung" crap! If I wasn't immersed in the Apple Ecosystem I would have an SG3.
Excuses, excuses... LOL

You have no idea just how much you are missing out on.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:55 AM   #18
Allenbf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that competition is awesome. Samsung only makes Apple better, and vice versa. There's plenty of room for competition.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:16 AM   #19
timcullis
macrumors member

Quote:
As we get closer to the holiday, we believe consumers will likely have the ability to walk into an Apple Store and walk out with an iPhone 5 within the next two weeks
So you walk into a store, and then two weeks later walk out with an iPhone?
timcullis is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:37 AM   #20
Ubele
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcullis View Post
So you walk into a store, and then two weeks later walk out with an iPhone?
I wondered the same thing. My interpretation is that the iPhone 5 will be in stock in the stores, but the holiday-season lines are expected to be very, very, very long. You'd best bring a sleeping bag and two weeks' worth of clothing and supplies.
Ubele is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:18 AM   #21
ifij775
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenbf View Post
Not to mention the fact that competition is awesome. Samsung only makes Apple better, and vice versa. There's plenty of room for competition.
Yes, especially since Samsung is really good with that carbon paper.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:38 AM   #22
SPUY767
macrumors 68000

Oh no, demand no longer outpaces supply, we'd better sell all of our Apple stock!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:39 AM   #23
bartonlynch
macrumors regular

Why on earth did whoever made this graph mix the carriers' colors around?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:12 PM   #24
Allenbf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post
Yes, especially since Samsung is really good with that carbon paper.
I'm an Apple fan, I know parts of the SGS3 are stolen. But some things aren't. Those are the things that will push Apple to continually up their game. It's not rocket science.

Did you have nothing to add? Or just wanted to try to discredit what I had to say?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkent25 View Post
Not to sure if throwing rent money down on stocks is a good way to go.
You're right. He should put it all into options
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM   #25
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Maybe because Samsung is spending millions of dollars sticking it to Apple users in a public forum, aka TV ads? Not that I care cos I found them humorous, but just sayin.

And as for the GS3 being awesome, you're entitled to your opinion, but I work for a major CE firm, and I can tell you that there's not one engineer in my company who feels the same way as you do. To them, it's just a solid offering where Samsung did the obvious; increased specs, including the size of the phone itself. But there's nothing there that makes people go wow, that's amazing. But they are amazed by some of the iPhone 5's innovations, including the perfected external antenna (a real breakthrough), the design itself (the materials used and manufacturing behind it) and the dual core custom silicon that's very energy efficient and more powerful than Samsung's quad core. All that with a larger display in a markedly smaller, lighter form factor is what made one of our engineers say, "wow, Apple has some damn good engineers."
Karma*Police is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion