Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hi,

I'm using the latest version of FCPX. And in this big release, we have something we have yearned for forever: Export separate clips within a single project as separate movies! Previously we had to copy the project, delete the unnecessary parts and export that specific section, but no more.

But the only gripe is the new Share interface. Now there's the good ol' iOS-style Share button on the right bottom side instead of the Share menu on the menubar. With this, I can conveniently export directly using Compressor settings, but unlike before the update, it doesn't use Share Monitor.

Now, for some that would not be a big deal. But for me it means having FCPX export dozens of separate video clips itself using its background process queue, whereas previously it was all summed up as a queued export in Share Monitor. I've found that Compressor itself sends its exports to Share Monitor but FCPX doesn't!

How can I revert back to using Share Monitor directly from FCPX?

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
There's still a share menu item, but now it's relegated to a sub menu, not its own (I forget which offhand, but going to help and typing in "share" will show you).

And, unfortunately the Share Monitor is gone from FCPX. Whether it'll come back in a future update, I don't know (but, I doubt it). We get some, we lose some. Overall they're streamlining, but sometimes there's a bit too much of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.