Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:38 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iOS App Store and Mac Software Sales for Black Friday 2012

Black Friday is about to officially kick off, and the App Store developers also use this as an opportunity to promote their apps by dropping their prices. Sister site AppShopper.com tracks all price changes on iOS Apps and Mac Apps in their respective App Stores. Here's a selection of some of the more notable sales for iOS and Mac App Stores, as well as other online and boxed software sales.

iOS Apps

- Readdle Docs for iPad ($4.99 -> $1.99)
- Documents To Go Premium ($16.99 -> $9.99)
- QuickOffice Pro ($14.99 -> $0.99)
- QuickOffice Pro HD ($19.99 -> $4.99)
- Star Walk ($2.99 -> $1.99)
- Star Walk for iPad ($2.99 -> $1.99)
- Momento (Diary/Journal) ($2.99 -> $0.99)
- Groove 2 - Music Player ($3.99 -> $0.99)
- 1Password for iPhone ($9.99 -> $6.99)
- 1Password for iPad ($9.99 -> $6.99)
- 1Password Pro ($14.99 -> $9.99)
- MagicalPad ($1.99 -> Free)

- NAVIGON iOS USA ($49.99->$24.99)
- NAVIGON iOS North America ($59.99 -> $29.99)
- NAVIGON iOS MyRegion ($29.99 -> $14.99)
- StreetPilot Onboard USA ($49.99 -> $24.99)
- StreetPilot Onboard North America ($59.99 -> $29.99)

- $100 iTunes Gift Card for $80 - from BestBuy

Mac Apps

- 1Password ($49.99 -> $34.99)
- Pixelmator ($29.99 -> $14.99)
- Prototypes ($39.99 -> $19.99)
- Socialite ($9.99 -> $4.99)
- Home Inventory ($14.99 -> $7.99)
- Instamac ($1.99 -> $0.99)

- Primate Labs (Geekbench) - 40% off

Mac Games

- Steam Online Store - Autumn Sale with ongoing discounts. Presently includes Portal 2 for $4.99.
- MacGameStore - Up to 80% Off on Mac games

iOS Games

Games are huge category on their own making up a large portion of the activity on the App Store. TouchArcade has rounded up the various sales from major developers and notable indie developers:

- Sales from Gameloft, Sega, Namco, and Indies
- Sales from EA, Chillingo, Firemonkeys, and PopCap

- iCADE, iCade 8-Bitty and JOYSTICK-IT - Hardware controllers on sale.

Boxed Software / Other

- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 ($99.99 -> $44.99)
- TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 ($59.99 -> $49.69)
- Office for Mac Home & Student 2011 ($119.99 -> $79.99)
- Office for Mac Home & Student 2011 (Family Pack) ($149.99 -> $89.99)
- Parallels Desktop 8 ($79.95 -> $49.42)
- VMWare Fusion 5 ($49.99 -> $31.99)
- Jumsoft - 50% off all their templates and elements for Keynote, iWork, Pages, and more. Coupon Code: BF2012
- Adobe Lightroom 4 ($149 -> $99.99)

Mac Software Bundles

- MacUtility Bundle ($59.99) - Parallels Desktop 8, Snagit, VirusBarrier X6, MacOptimizer, Rubbertnet ($245 Value)
- MacLegion Bundle ($49.99)- TechTool Pro, Freeway Pro, djay, Capo, Fantastical, RipIt, iRip, Beamer, Copy Paste Pro, Code Collector Pro ($548.80 Value)

Some links may be affiliate links where available

Article Link: iOS App Store and Mac Software Sales for Black Friday 2012
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
ZacNicholson
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to ZacNicholson
Wow i like these discounts, compared to the apple store ones.
ZacNicholson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

Amazon also has Lightroom 4 on sale for $79 (normally $149).

Last edited by Caliber26; Nov 23, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: PRICE DROPPED SINCE LAST NIGHT
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4
jasonefmonk
macrumors member

I'd highly recommend 1Password Pro (the universal app) for iOS and it's OSX counterpart.

On the computer specifically, it makes your password life much more secure and simple.
jasonefmonk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:57 PM   #5
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonefmonk View Post
I'd highly recommend 1Password Pro (the universal app) for iOS and it's OSX counterpart.

On the computer specifically, it makes your password life much more secure and simple.
Yep. seconded. I use it on both Mac and iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
Amazon also has Lightroom 4 on sale for $99 (normally $149).
Added.

arn
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Mr. Gates
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Computer - Yes

iOS , Ehhhh, take it or leave it

If you do want it, wait a bit. It will be $5.99 for Christmas (2 more weeks, maybe 3)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:48 PM   #7
lecturenotes
macrumors member

Quote:

Just bought 1password because of your recommendation and the recommendation from arn. Looks good so far. I can see this making my life easier
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Worksafe
macrumors newbie

1Password for iPad

I would stay away from the special since they are going to be releasing a newer version of it in the near future and it's not a update so you will be paying more for it if you do down load it.

----------

Quote:

Just dropped comment about 1Password for iOS. They are on the verge of releasing a new version as I understand it, so do you really thinks it worth it downloading a old version with no way of upgrading it?
Worksafe is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Mr. Gates
macrumors 68020

QuickOffice Pro .......99 cents !

I highly recommend you ALL jump on that
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:13 PM   #10
jasonefmonk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksafe View Post
They are on the verge of releasing a new version as I understand it, so do you really thinks it worth it downloading a old version with no way of upgrading it?
1Password 4.0 has been in the works for quite a while. I don't know about now, but when I bought it through the Mac App Store they had a little paragraph promising the 4.0 upgrade free to new buyers. I think this was to appease people who bought the MAS version to replace their traditional purchase.

Either way the current product is excellent, and I will still recommend it as is.
jasonefmonk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:19 PM   #11
nia820
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I would stay away from the special since they are going to be releasing a newer version of it in the near future and it's not a update so you will be paying more for it if you do down load it.

----------

Just dropped comment about 1Password for iOS. They are on the verge of releasing a new version as I understand it, so do you really thinks it worth it downloading a old version with no way of upgrading it?
If you family pack of office for Mac from Microsoft website you will get the next version free. And it's only like $100 now. I thnk it ends on nov 26.

I'm tempted to buy it. But I'm a cheapo so I probably won't get it.
nia820 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:31 PM   #12
AGKyle
macrumors regular

Quote:

----------

If you want to wait for 1Password 4 you can wait. But the total price of the current iOS version on sale and the discounted 1Password 4 comes out to the same normal price of 1Password 4 without discounts.

It's still a great deal and we have no plans to discontinue support for 1Password 3. It may not receive more features, but it will get bug fixes and security updates and of course be supported by our crack team of support jedi.

If you have questions or concerns, please direct them to our support page listed in the signature. Answering them in this thread will likely prove to be near impossible.

----------

Quote:
1Password 4.0 has been in the works for quite a while. I don't know about now, but when I bought it through the Mac App Store they had a little paragraph promising the 4.0 upgrade free to new buyers. I think this was to appease people who bought the MAS version to replace their traditional purchase.

Either way the current product is excellent, and I will still recommend it as is.
Don't get confused by iOS and Mac. They are separate products. 1Password 4 for iOS is due out soon. But the Mac version has not been announced.

The Mac App Store version (mac only) does get a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac (not iOS).

The current iOS app is on sale, but the new version is a new app and will require another purchase. The combined sale price of the current version, plus introductory price of the 4.0 release will be the same as 4.0 when not on sale. Still a great value. Buy 3.0 if you need it now, if you can wait, by all means wait if that's what you want to do.

If you have concerns about 1Password 4 for Mac or iOS, please direct them to our support page in my signature. We'll be happy to help.
Contact Us
AGKyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:38 PM   #13
sovereign
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKyle View Post

The current iOS app is on sale, but the new version is a new app and will require another purchase.
Well, that is some BS.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:50 PM   #14
zorinlynx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
Well, that is some BS.
Agreed. I've never seen an iOS app where an update is a new app that requires another purchase. What are they thinking?
zorinlynx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:04 PM   #15
AGKyle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
Well, that is some BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
Agreed. I've never seen an iOS app where an update is a new app that requires another purchase. What are they thinking?
Sorry you both feel that way. There are apps that have done it, including Tweetie 2, a very popular twitter client.

We think the changes in the new app will be worthwhile. We released 1Password 3 several years ago and have not charged for any updates. So purchasers of 1Password 1.0 for iPhone have not had any upgrade costs since it was originally released.

Stay tuned to our blog if you want to know more about the application. We realize that some of our users will be upset by the new app being an additional purchase, but we think you'll really enjoy it when you see more of it.

If you are really upset by it, send us a message on our support site (please be civil) and we can discuss it.
Contact Us
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:00 AM   #16
Padaung
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
I can't believe you expect free software updates for life after you've paid once for a product. Updates to an existing product take time, commitment and investment by the company. You pay for newer versions of software for your Mac don't you (including when you update your OS to the latest version)? So why shouldn't this be the same for iOS apps?

1Password is an excellent piece of software on the Mac. The iOS app does need some work, but it is useable and allows me to keep my information on my phone seamlessly synced with my Mac, so I'm happy. 1Password allows me to keep my passwords secure (I now never repeat using a particular password) and data safe, so to me it has become INVALUABLE - a price that makes even the full price of the software a bargain.

As we all know about waiting for recent updates to the iMac, waiting for the next version can take a long time. If the developer is saying a person who buys now is not going to loose out (cost wise), how can you grumble with that?

Some people want the world for fee, they will never be happy I guess

No, I'm in no way affiliated with 1Password by the way!
Padaung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:41 AM   #17
frabber
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKyle View Post
The Mac App Store version (mac only) does get a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac (not iOS).
How about if I would purchase the combined mac/windows family pack. Will that include a free upgrade to 1Password 4 as well?
frabber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:14 AM   #18
AGKyle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabber View Post
How about if I would purchase the combined mac/windows family pack. Will that include a free upgrade to 1Password 4 as well?
You would need buy the Mac app from the Mac App Store. Then send us a copy of your receipt so we can create a coupon for the Windows family pack.

The price would be the same but you'd be getting the Mac version from the Mac App Store and the Windows version from our website.

See my signature for a link. If you have questions ask there please as we are better equipped to handle support there than on a forum (one that isn't ours in fact).
Contact Us
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:24 PM   #19
M87
macrumors 65816

If you don't have 1Password for iOS already, just wait for version 4 to come out.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:05 PM   #20
faroZ06
Banned

Too bad none of these are desirable except for Parallels, Portal 2, and VMWare Fusion

Last edited by faroZ06; Nov 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:17 PM   #21
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Picture Collage Maker seems to have been on sale yesterday on actual Thanksgiving Day instead of BF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gates View Post
QuickOffice Pro .......99 cents !

I highly recommend you ALL jump on that
I bought it because I didn't like SmartOffice2 that I got for free w/ an SB code and need one, let see if they update it since Google bought the company.

Last edited by Carlanga; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Carlanga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:43 PM   #22
Chuck-Norris
Banned

is apple selling any deals on third party stuff like accessories?
Chuck-Norris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:05 AM   #23
bęte noire
macrumors newbie

You can see why they are rogues. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
- 100 Rogues ($4.99 -> $0.99)
Except when you click on it the price comes up as $5.49, not 0.99.

Edit: 2.30pm Friday in my location but still Thursday in U.S. Maybe sale not even started yet.

Last edited by bęte noire; Nov 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
bęte noire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:25 AM   #24
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Portal 2 for $4.99 is a steal!

I paid $49.99 for it! (Actually, I paid $89.99 I think, to get two copies. Something like that. I definitely paid a lot more than $4.99, and I thought it was worth it at whatever the high price was that I paid.)
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:56 AM   #25
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bęte noire View Post
Except when you click on it the price comes up as $5.49, not 0.99.

Edit: 2.30pm Friday in my location but still Thursday in U.S. Maybe sale not even started yet.
nah it ended. I removed it.

arn
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion