Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1
alexandre16
macrumors member

Taking the background of an image in Aperture

Hi everyone.

I am new with aperture and i am trying to get only the background of an image, but i dont know how i can do it with aperture, i was searching in youtube and google but i didnt find anything that can help.

Anyone know if it is possible to do with aperture, and if it is, how can i do it?

Thanks
alexandre16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:35 AM   #2
initialsBB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre16 View Post
i am trying to get only the background of an image
You'll have to explain more precisely what you want to do, because it could mean many different things .
initialsBB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3
alexandre16
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialsBB View Post
You'll have to explain more precisely what you want to do, because it could mean many different things .

Well i have an image with some people and cars, and in the background have a beautiful part of an Autodromo, how can i take only the part of the Autodromo?

Thanks
alexandre16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

If the people are standing to the side of what you want, you can use the crop tool to isolate just that part of the photo. If the people are standing in front of the subject, Aperture has no way to just remove the people. That is a fairly advanced PhotoShop operation.

Post the pic so we can see what your talking about.

Dale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:12 AM   #5
initialsBB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well i have an image with some people and cars, and in the background have a beautiful part of an Autodromo, how can i take only the part of the Autodromo?

Thanks
If you want to crop, here's a straight forward tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teGQu-61njs
initialsBB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:00 AM   #6
MCAsan
macrumors 68020

OnOne plugins for Aperture and Lightroom will do the background change. Look at Perfect Layers.

Www.ononesoftware.com
iPad Air | Silver | 128GB | WiFi only
MCAsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:29 PM   #7
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I am new with aperture and i am trying to get only the background of an image, but i dont know how i can do it with aperture, i was searching in youtube and google but i didnt find anything that can help.

Anyone know if it is possible to do with aperture, and if it is, how can i do it?

Thanks
Aperture is not an image editor. For that get a copy of Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop "Elements is not expensive and does everything you'd want. In Aperture (and also in iPhoto) you can specify in Preferences which app to use as your "image editor" then when you double click an image it comes up in that app and when you save it goes back to Aperture/iPhoto.

Aperture is for sorting, storing, organizing an for making limited adjustments and crops to images. Yes it does have so simple editing tools for re-touch and so on. But for rely edits, like removing objects, you need something like PS "Elements".
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography