Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi
I want to get a ASUS UX32A. There's one that comes with Windows 8 and an SSD, and the other that doesn't have the SSD but has Windows 7. They are basically the same price. I will be using the computer for work, running Windows applications, accounting stuff and banking stuff. Basically if I really want Windows 7, but also the SSD would be good. If I got the Windows 8 version with the SSD, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to downgrade to Windows 7 and keep all the ASUS drivers for things like the SSD cache and the multitouch trackpad. Is this the case? Should I just get the Windows 7 default one? Or will it be possible to safely downgrade the Windows 8 one?
Thanks,
Sam

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Yes, you can downgrade

Hi
I want to get a ASUS UX32A. There's one that comes with Windows 8 and an SSD, and the other that doesn't have the SSD but has Windows 7. They are basically the same price. I will be using the computer for work, running Windows applications, accounting stuff and banking stuff. Basically if I really want Windows 7, but also the SSD would be good. If I got the Windows 8 version with the SSD, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to downgrade to Windows 7 and keep all the ASUS drivers for things like the SSD cache and the multitouch trackpad. Is this the case? Should I just get the Windows 7 default one? Or will it be possible to safely downgrade the Windows 8 one?
Thanks,
Sam

You can downgrade but you need windows install media, it looks very difficult. I would buy a mac instead. But if you insist: here you go.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.