Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:40 PM   #1
m11rphy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
DVD to MP4 on Windows PC

Hi all

I current use IVI for converting dvd's to mp4 on my mac its a great app that converts the film and meta data in one go.

My gift has just bought her ill sis an iPod touch and I need a similar app she can use on her windows pc, can anyone recommend a good all in one app that's easy to use
__________________
2012 Imac i7 2.5 13inch Mac Book Pro Retina apple: 1GB Time Capsule Air Port extreme 32GB Iphone 5 64GB iPad Retina 3G Apple TV 3
m11rphy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:50 PM   #2
lunaoso
macrumors 65816
 
lunaoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11rphy View Post
Hi all

I current use IVI for converting dvd's to mp4 on my mac its a great app that converts the film and meta data in one go.

My gift has just bought her ill sis an iPod touch and I need a similar app she can use on her windows pc, can anyone recommend a good all in one app that's easy to use
Handbrake. Use it on your Mac too. It's free and usually regarded as the best solution out there.
lunaoso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:21 PM   #3
m11rphy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaoso View Post
Handbrake. Use it on your Mac too. It's free and usually regarded as the best solution out there.
Thanks I have used hand breake but find IVI a better app also it doesn't handle meta data
__________________
2012 Imac i7 2.5 13inch Mac Book Pro Retina apple: 1GB Time Capsule Air Port extreme 32GB Iphone 5 64GB iPad Retina 3G Apple TV 3
m11rphy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:34 PM   #4
blackmoses
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11rphy View Post
Thanks I have used hand breake but find IVI a better app also it doesn't handle meta data
Try the PC spinoff of MetaX, which, unlike the Mac version, is stil being actively updated:
http://www.danhinsley.com/metax/metax.html

Handbrake + MetaX should give your sister ripping + tagging functionality.
blackmoses is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:16 PM   #5
bt22
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alabama
I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.
bt22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:15 AM   #6
apolkowski
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poland, Warsaw and Masurian Lake District
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt22 View Post
I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.
I use MakeMKV and Handbrake on Windows 7 and 8, both 64 bit. This combination works ok.
apolkowski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:05 PM   #7
lunaoso
macrumors 65816
 
lunaoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoses View Post
Try the PC spinoff of MetaX, which, unlike the Mac version, is stil being actively updated:
http://www.danhinsley.com/metax/metax.html

Handbrake + MetaX should give your sister ripping + tagging functionality.
Or MetaZ for Mac:
http://griff.github.com/metaz/

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt22 View Post
I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.
What isn't working with it? I'm sure Dynaflash could help you out if you either PM him or if he comes over to this thread.
lunaoso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:00 PM   #8
bt22
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaoso View Post
Or MetaZ for Mac:
http://griff.github.com/metaz/

----------



What isn't working with it? I'm sure Dynaflash could help you out if you either PM him or if he comes over to this thread.
On Window's 64 bit DVD43 is a plugin. It will encode the movie, but the end file is pixilated.
bt22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why can my PPC play DVD's fine, but not the same file in .mp4? HarCees PowerPC Macs 28 May 30, 2014 04:20 PM
mp4, mkv, avi to dvd(ISO or VIDEO_TS folder) converter.. DaveTheGreat Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Nov 26, 2013 09:15 PM
How to burn 2.5 hour MP4 movie to DVD msbmom Digital Video 1 Nov 14, 2013 08:01 PM
Best quality converting DVD to mp4, m4v etc? hairypoo Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Oct 31, 2012 09:47 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC