Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Is it really drained up everywhere? i've checked most places and can't seem to get hold of one... no one seems to know when they arrive even the Apple stores keep saying 'just keep checking back'. I was hoping to avoid ordering online due to uncertainty when it will arrive and being on the road a lot this month... a lot of members here talked about walking in stores and walking out with a mini so am i just being unlucky?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
You might try milo.com to see what is available in your local stores. Reserving one overnight with Apple seems to working pretty well for many so that is another option if you have an Apple store nearby.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
You might try milo.com to see what is available in your local stores. Reserving one overnight with Apple seems to working pretty well for many so that is another option if you have an Apple store nearby.

We don't have that option here in the UK.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Oh I'm really sorry Uplift. I didn't realize you we're talking about the UK. I don't really have any suggestions then but hopefully someone from the UK will chime in. Finding these mini's locally really is a pain. Hope you get yours soon.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Searching on Ebay in the UK there are 6 cellular mini ipads.

With Christmas just around the corner I think Apple should have flooded the marketplace by now, at this rate there is going to be a crazy scramble for these items in time for Dec 25th.

Production issues?

Insight have them in the UK (some stock, and details of expected deliveries)

mini.jpg

2019?!!...I didn't know things were that bad! :D

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
The two week wait is more like three weeks. Dispatched on 2 weeks with a delivers on date a week later.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Well, I know where you can order online.

I ordered by phone on Friday, and it was delivered today. I got the 16GB White Wifi.

Berek

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
I can't believe these things are sold out everywhere. The ipad 3 was always in stock. What the heck happened? Or are they just keeping the stock low for an early mini2 release?

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I can confirm, the stock on ipad minis is DRIED UP. I have been watching my local Apple stores and I have not yet managed to buy one online for local pickup. There is clearly an issue here, I hope macrumors can dig up some insider info.

The funny thing is, more iPad 4's than your heart could imagine, but zero minis. I think we have a clear winner and I hope Apple can deliver by Christmas!

relsah

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
i just came from my local target (montgomery, pa) and scored a 16G white mini. actually a white and a black 16GB were available but i opted for the white one.

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Plenty of stock in my local Currys/PC wold and Apple store when I last checked (2 days ago)

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012

Cool website, thank you.

burritolove

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
last saturday i called 6 stores in my surrounding area, best buys, apple stores, and targets and all of them had ipad minis in one form or another (att, verizon, and wifis).

i ended up walking into the apple store in menlo park, NJ and they had everything except 16g wifis available. bought a 32gb black

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I'm thinking black friday had something to do with the thin stock currently available.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
i ended up walking into the apple store in menlo park, NJ and they had everything except 16g wifis available. bought a 32gb black

I've called around (starting early last week), and it seems 16gb wifi is the most popular. Some BB's and Targets are saying they have cellular in stock (which I don't care for), but they as soon as they get a 16gb wifi in, they're gone!

modelbehaviour

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
UK
Went to Meadowhall today and they had no iPad Mini's in stock at all (this was lunch time). I overheard a sales assistant saying they'd had 32GB's and 64GB's in every day for the last few days but no mention of 16GB's. Just ordered one online instead, showing 17th Dec delivery.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Dabs.com had two black 16GB in stock for online order when I posted yesterday, but looking at the very meagre stock levels reported over the past couple of weeks by Dabs and other retailers, I would bet that they and any others listed were customer returns.

Might have to wait for the next wave of largish deliveries to be sure of a new one in store.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Logged on to Apple store today and seen 'order by midnight tonight to receive order before christmas' .. i accepted defeat and placed an order and was quite disappointed it would just under a month before i receive it.

I also asked my g/f to check apple store for me, but then said 'don't waste your time there wont be anything'.. anyway she still went in on the off chance and just called to say she got me a 16gb black mini.. cancelled my online order.

She said the guy told her they got another shipment this week but they are selling like hot cakes, demand is apparently through the roof.

So if you wanted one and live near an Apple store it might be worth checking to see if they have any stock left from this weeks shipment.

MikeTHIS

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012

I used the Milo app and scored a 32 gig black wifi at RadioShack. I'll be using Milo for Christmas shopping for now on lol

Still waiting on a credit from Apple on my original order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.