Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raisen223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
First, I tried it with Windows XP Professional, with SP3 integrated. That didn't work. Then I discovered that Windows XP is no longer supported, so i quietly switch to Windows 7 Ultimate. That didn't work either, it keeps telling me that "The Install disc could not be verified", even though I've used this image burning software, http://discoapp.com/ to burn the Windows at 1x speed, in order to ensure that it works. I'm currently exhausted and I suffer from headaches due to the amount of time that I've spent on bootcamp, always failing in the end. Now please, you people are my last hope. I need a foolproof way to finally make a partition for Windows on my iMac. If anyone could help me do this, then I'm going to to type your name on a piece of paper, laminate it, then put it up on the wall and pray to it and offer sacrifices to it. I'm that desperate.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Genuine, a DVD actually manufactured by Microsoft with Windows 7 on it.
Comes in a box something like this.
microsoft-windows-7-box.jpg

Raisen223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Genuine, a DVD actually manufactured by Microsoft with Windows 7 on it.
Comes in a box something like this.
To be completely honest with you, no; I didn't. However, i do have a genuine CD key, I thought that maybe if I got it from "other sources" and then used the CD key, that it would be fine.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Buy a better brand of DVD-R? are you using a mac to burn your windows DVD? could be a wonky DVD drive.

I have had multiple Windows DVDs fail and then install next time I tried it, it's completely hit or miss sometimes, especially on iMacs for some reason.

Raisen223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Buy a better brand of DVD-R? are you using a mac to burn your windows DVD? could be a wonky DVD drive.

I have had multiple Windows DVDs fail and then install next time I tried it, it's completely hit or miss sometimes, especially on iMacs for some reason.
Yeah, I've heard about how mac utterly fails when it coes to burning DVDs and CDs. Anyways, I'll try getting a brand new DVD-R instead of using my old ones and I'll try seeing my luck by burning it on my Windows laptop instead, then use it on iMac desktop. If that fails, then I really don't know any other solutions to follow.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, I've heard about how mac utterly fails when it coes to burning DVDs and CDs. Anyways, I'll try getting a brand new DVD-R instead of using my old ones and I'll try seeing my luck by burning it on my Windows laptop instead, then use it on iMac desktop. If that fails, then I really don't know any other solutions to follow.

If you know someone you can borrow a USB DVD drive from that can work better or at least more reliably than the one in the mac.

I guided a friend through the whole thing on his iMac and he had had the windows install fail 3 times before it finally worked.

If you need any other help for when the DVD actually works I made a step by step guide you can read here: http://dualbootmac.wordpress.com/bootcamp-for-beginners/

Raisen223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
If you know someone you can borrow a USB DVD drive from that can work better or at least more reliably than the one in the mac.

I guided a friend through the whole thing on his iMac and he had had the windows install fail 3 times before it finally worked.

If you need any other help for when the DVD actually works I made a step by step guide you can read here: http://dualbootmac.wordpress.com/bootcamp-for-beginners/
Thank you for your guide, I'll try to refer to it every now and then. The real problem is that I can't even get past the partitioning part, since the verification of my disc always keeps failing.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Thank you for your guide, I'll try to refer to it every now and then. The real problem is that I can't even get past the partitioning part, since the verification of my disc always keeps failing.

What model of mac are you using? also what year was it? It's not by any chance a 2009 iMac is it?

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
If you have a broken DVD player you can always make a USB stick installer from a win7 image.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
1. you don't need that discoapp for burning.

2. open disk utility. Select the burn icon. choose the iso image you have downloaded. say ok.

3. make sure the image you have downloaded is an actual genuine windows 7 iso and not some tampered with installation on a torrent website.

You can download it from

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495

This version will allow you to licence it with whatever licence you have.

Raisen223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Sorry for not replying back for a while. I got so carried away that it worked that I even forgot about this thread. I don't know if it was whether the DVDs which I've used were a bit wonky or it was ImgBurn which did the trick or what, but when I burnt a brand new DVD in Windows using ImgBurn, it worked. Also, thanks for the very nice installation guide, it helped me while installing. Thank you all guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.