Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1
2sa
macrumors newbie

Sony HDR-CX260v

I have a Macbook Air on the way i7/8/256 which will be my first Mac. Over the weekend I found a great deal on a Sony HDR-CX260V which appears to be and is reviewed as a good camcorder. However, I have since read a number of sources that state the HQ mode requires the video to be converted via Handbrake. Can someone recommend a nice Sony that is compatible without conversion >$500? I have lived with DVC and a very old Dell desktop for too long. I will likely upgrade to Final Cut at a later time. I do not mind video conversion for specific applications, would just rather not have to for each video I download.

Thanks in advance for advice or suggestions.

Last edited by 2sa; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
2sa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Borntorun
macrumors member

As far as I can see, that particular camcorder records in AVCHD (couldn't get more details than that). Final Cut Pro X can import AVCHD without the need the transcode. If you intend to use FCP 7, might be a different story - I never had the need to import AVCHD into FCP 7, but since making the switch to FCPX I had no issues.
Borntorun is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video