Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1
monokitty
macrumors regular

Local Software Update Server

I'm not well versed in OS X Server, so I'd like some help on setting up a local Software Update server. I have a 2012 Mac mini 2.3 Quad-Core Server running OS X 10.8.1 Server. The Mac mini has a static IP and under the Server application, I have the local Software Update turned on, and all the updates have been downloaded and are enabled. Now, how do I get the client machines on the same local network to point to the locally installed Software Update server?
monokitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2
mwhities
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mwhities Send a message via MSN to mwhities
Quote:
Originally Posted by monokitty View Post
I'm not well versed in OS X Server, so I'd like some help on setting up a local Software Update server. I have a 2012 Mac mini 2.3 Quad-Core Server running OS X 10.8.1 Server. The Mac mini has a static IP and under the Server application, I have the local Software Update turned on, and all the updates have been downloaded and are enabled. Now, how do I get the client machines on the same local network to point to the locally installed Software Update server?
This should guide you through setting them up.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4069

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking