Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    205.2 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    302.9 KB · Views: 77

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

Yep. Same here.

I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.

erthquake

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.

Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.

GiantSteve

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011

Deleting the app and installing it is the trick. It looks to be a huge improvement on the prior gmail version

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I grabbed the update. I had recently deleted it from my phone because Mail suffices, or so it seems.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.

this worked!

and the new app is fantastic. finally feels like a real app designed from the ground up, as opposed to the web app just ported to native form.

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.