Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:47 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Why are some newer threads archived, versus really old ones not?

Saw a thread in the community section from 2007, which came back up in 2008, 2009, 2010, and now today because of spammers finding them. Yet there are threads in the archive that are slightly newer. I see this every once and awhile here.

Since there is likely to be no more legitimate replies following the spam, wouldn't it be better to archive it then and there?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:49 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

If it's not a sticky or an ongoing topic of interest, I'd agree with you...They just become targets for spam. New tactic for spammers here is to create multiple threads under the same username and then mark them as resolved though. I've pulled up about 6 this AM so far, but closing any door to them is a welcome idea...

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback