Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Does anything besides iWork use this? It's been extremely useful to me lately, so I was curious why it doesn't seem to be in more apps. Sorry if there is a another thread on this, I tried to search on here and on google and I'm pretty sure the use of the word versions gets me a lot of things I'm not looking for.

EmpyreanUK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
Does anything besides iWork use this? It's been extremely useful to me lately, so I was curious why it doesn't seem to be in more apps. Sorry if there is a another thread on this, I tried to search on here and on google and I'm pretty sure the use of the word versions gets me a lot of things I'm not looking for.

There are many apps that use Versions. I also find it useful, and I'm unsure as to why so many people dislike it so much.

Something I've noticed whilst using Versions, and which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, is that in the version history browser, it merges the version info of the file you're editing with any copies available on an attached Time Machine backup (and colour-codes according to source).

Apps that I have that employ Versions include Pixelmator, CodeRunner and iA Writer.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Didn't know that, also awesome. Great to know that some other apps are using it, I really don't see how someone could dislike the feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.