Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danrapture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
So I've had my wi-fi 16 GB iPad 2 for about 6 months and out of no where today, I tried to play a video on YouTube with safari, and it just crashed! And now every time I try to play a video on any of my apps. It crashes! Everything else works great. It's just the QuickTime player that's not responding or something.

Anyway I tried rebooting and everything and nothings working. How can I fix this? :(

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Since Apple's not signing 5.1.1 for the iPad 2 you're kind of stuck.

Curious; name one thing the jailbreak gives you that's more important than a functioning iPad?

Danrapture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Since Apple's not signing 5.1.1 for the iPad 2 you're kind of stuck.

Curious; name one thing the jailbreak gives you that's more important than a functioning iPad?

Customizable text/font/lock screen/ page swiping. Unlimited tabs in safari. Free applications. I've saved 150$ on apps. Free in applications purchases. More apps in your dock and home screen. Emulators. Air display. Free cydia applications. Ifile. It pretty much allows the iPad to use its full potential.

My problem has nothing to do with my iPad being jail broken. To each their own though. Thanks for the help..

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Customizable text/font/lock screen/ page swiping. Unlimited tabs in safari. Free applications. I've saved 150$ on apps. Free in applications purchases. More apps in your dock and home screen. Emulators. Air display. Free cydia applications. Ifile. It pretty much allows the iPad to use its full potential.

My problem has nothing to do with my iPad being jail broken. To each their own though. Thanks for the help..

Ah yes installous. :rolleyes:

You didn't "save" $150, there's another word for it.

How are you sure your problem has nothing to do with the jailbreak?

Last edited:

Danrapture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Ah yes installous. :rolleyes:

You didn't "save" $150, there's another word for it.

How are you sure your problem has nothing to do with the jailbreak?

Actually I did save money, even though it's stealing. I still saved ;) and being the fact that people normally pay for apps and I didn't... I think the word "saved" falls respectively into place.

And cause ive been googling it and people without jail broken ipads have had the same problem. Im not finding any answers yet though.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
A DFU restore will make your iPad factory fresh.

People pay for apps so the app programmers continue to work. Besides most apps are only a few dollars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.