Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I prefer the 12 month. With picture leaks of the iPhone 5 S already out, literally, I don't value my iPhone 5 as much.

Apple should give me time to enjoy my iPhone 5 for at least a little bit, before feeling like its out dated.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
Where are these 'iPhone 5S' leaks? Did someone just take a picture of an iPhone 5 and call it an iPhone 5S, since that's exactly what it's going to be like, just like ever other 'S' phone before it...

You know there will be another iPhone when you buy yours, why care? If you're worrying about the next release of a yearly product, you're life must be pretty fantastic.

Worry about other things instead of how quickly Apple releases their products...

Your iPhone 5 was outdated before it even came out, for what it's worth.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I prefer the 12 month. With picture leaks of the iPhone 5 S already out, literally, I don't value my iPhone 5 as much.

Apple should give me time to enjoy my iPhone 5 for at least a little bit, before feeling like its out dated.

Or people could just not upgrade every year...

I personally would like to see a 6-9 month release for S versions and 1 year release for whole number versions.

But either way doesn't really affect me. iPhone 4 still works.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Where are these 'iPhone 5S' leaks? Did someone just take a picture of an iPhone 5 and call it an iPhone 5S, since that's exactly what it's going to be like, just like ever other 'S' phone before it...

You know there will be another iPhone when you buy yours, why care? If you're worrying about the next release of a yearly product, you're life must be pretty fantastic.

Worry about other things instead of how quickly Apple releases their products...

Ummmmmmmmm checkout Macrumors front page...........dude.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
12 mo. In fact, I'd be happy if they released products even less frequently than every 12 months -- that way I don't feel crappy about not being able to upgrade my hardware.

Software should be released as frequently as possible, though.

AlterZgo

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011

Apple should give you time to enjoy your phone? Isn't it rather silly to blame Apple? I'm sure they don't like the leaks.

How would they "give you time" anyway? In order to meet the annual new phone release schedule, Apple is very likely in continuous development mode. It takes a lot of engineering, planning, testing, prototype building, and finally a massive build-up of inventory before an iPhone is released.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 5S was already in development even before the 5 was released.

I don't understand how a picture of the inside of a phone case, which may or may not be for a 5S, could make you feel like your phone is somehow worth less.:rolleyes:

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
12 mo. In fact, I'd be happy if they released products even less frequently than every 12 months -- that way I don't feel crappy about not being able to upgrade my hardware.

Software should be released as frequently as possible, though.

Agreed. Software please update as much as you want because I would love to add features (only and I mean only if performance isn't hindered).

Hardware, please wait 12 months. Let me feel like I have the latest and greatest for a little bit at least!!!!

ForceGhost

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
Bournemouth, UK
Apple should give you time to enjoy your phone? Isn't it rather silly to blame Apple? I'm sure they don't like the leaks.

How would they "give you time" anyway? In order to meet the annual new phone release schedule, Apple is very likely in continuous development mode. It takes a lot of engineering, planning, testing, prototype building, and finally a massive build-up of inventory before an iPhone is released.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 5S was already in development even before the 5 was released.

I don't understand how a picture of the inside of a phone case, which may or may not be for a 5S, could make you feel like your phone is somehow worth less.:rolleyes:

This. If you expect Apple to not work on the next iPhone before you enjoyed yours then you are in reality looking at a 2-3 year schedule.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I think just one phone like the past will do, its already more than sufficient to keep up Apple's revenue.

But given the rate at which the lack of innovating is starting to become more apparent since the 4S, I could only wonder if Apple will change their strategy.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Don't trust too much what you read on the internet, the new iphone 5S will be released in August or September 2013 that is almost 12 months.

Apple will never release a new iphone in 6 months it is too close and there is no reason to do it if the iphone 5 is the best selling iphone out there.

Anyway if Apple releases an iphone in 6 to 9 months ( I see this almost impossible ) I will give my iphone 5 to a family member and I will buy the new iphone 5S.

There is always a family member that will be very happy with an iphone 5 instead of the latest iphone 5S.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/05/first-claimed-images-of-iphone-5s-rear-shell-surface/

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Don't trust too much what you read on the internet, the new iphone 5S will be released in August or September 2013 that is almost 12 months.

Apple will never release a new iphone in 6 months it is too close and there is no reason to do it if the iphone 5 is the best selling iphone out there.

Anyway if Apple releases an iphone in 6 to 9 months ( I see this almost impossible ) I will give my iphone 5 to a family member and I will buy the new iphone 5S.

There is always a family member that will be very happy with an iphone 5 instead of the latest iphone 5S.

Maybe it'll actually happen, no one knows for certain except Tim Cook.

Given that its only internal upgrade expected for the next generation of iPhone, generally it'll be easier than the redesign of the whole phone itself like the 4S->5.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
Ummmmmmmmm checkout Macrumors front page...........dude.

Ummmmmmmmm......dude, that's not a leak.....dude.

A leak would be definitive proof, not a picture of the inside of an 'iPhone 5S' case. There is no origin, some little kid probably sent them into macRumors, and they published it to get hits. There's a reason no other reputable tech blog posted the supposed 'leak'.

I don't think you have been around the MacRumors community very long. This always happens around this time, it's standard.

Go back to your invaluable, outdated phone.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Ummmmmmmmm......dude, that's not a leak.....dude.

A leak would be definitive proof, not a picture of the inside of an 'iPhone 5S' case. There is no origin, some little kid probably sent them into macRumors, and they published it to get hits. There's a reason no other reputable tech blog posted the supposed 'leak'.

I don't think you have been around the MacRumors community very long. This always happens around this time, it's standard.

Go back to your invaluable, outdated phone.

No that's definitely a leak everyone thinks it is

----------

It's not like I don't want the 5 S and I do plan to buy one but I just wish I had more time to enjoy my 5.

I would just like to have the latest and greatest for longer period of time like 12 months but with leaks of the 5 S it's so hard to enjoy the 5.

I have a friend with the 4 S he said he might wait till the 5 S since its already in production.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
They should do it as soon as its reliably possible for the volumes they are looking at. There is no point in holding back technology capabilities from the market - if Apple doesn't do it, someone else will.

Customers who will hold on for two years until their next upgrade eligibility will continue to do so. Anyone who can't resist the urge & rush out to buy the latest - will do it regardless.

jspandorf

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Though I too, like so many, would like Apple to wait on their release, due to the 2 years upgrade contracts, in order to at least remain up to speed on the technology game, like mtneer said, it would be wise to release it when it is reliably possible.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
No that's definitely a leak everyone thinks it is

No. One piece of a phone that's to be released in another 10 months does not constitute a leak.

Man your threads are terrible. There is no 6-9 month release schedule. It's 12 months.

Just because you see a piece of black plastic with screws in it that are slightly different than the current model doesn't mean your time with your current phone is being infringed upon. Newsflash: the iPhone 5S will look exactly like the phone you have.

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
Software - often

Hardware - 12 mo. It makes it super expensive to keep upgrading!!!

Cebuano1976

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona
myiP7 is such a whiner. all he posts are complaints about Apple.

Dude, relax. It's a free country. Nobody is going to chastise you if you don't upgrade. If you feel insecure about your phone every time a new one is released, you need a self-esteem coach.

People shouldn't be judged by the gadgets they own.:(

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
No. One piece of a phone that's to be released in another 10 months does not constitute a leak.

Man your threads are terrible. There is no 6-9 month release schedule. It's 12 months.

Just because you see a piece of black plastic with screws in it that are slightly different than the current model doesn't mean your time with your current phone is being infringed upon. Newsflash: the iPhone 5S will look exactly like the phone you have.

Well it's still a leak bc it's no longer secret and its all over the Internet. Also be careful no insults allowed I won't report you bc I'm not a snitch but I might later.

----------

myiP7 is such a whiner. all he posts are complaints about Apple.

Dude, relax. It's a free country. Nobody is going to chastise you if you don't upgrade. If you feel insecure about your phone every time a new one is released, you need a self-esteem coach.

People shouldn't be judged by the gadgets they own.:(

Lol no it's not that I just want the latest. In the past I've said I wouldn't ever need to upgrade but the truth is there is some merit to having the latest.

It's definitely better to where you would want one even if it doesn't seem like it at first. When you use it you're like dang I wish I had this.

Also, no matter what anyone says, it feels great when people are like "Is that the 5 S"

And you're like "Yep sure is ;)

-----------------------

I def see both sides though. I literally thought my 3G was IT. Until the 3G S came out. Then the 4, then Siri on the 4 S. (At first I was like Siri is lame, now I use it regularly!). And now the 5.

I've almost "given up" on believing I won't want the latest iPhone Apple releases bc they're always so good. And always just enough better to where you really do want one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.