Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LA89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Hi all,

Quite in the weeds with this one and my research is bringing up all sorts of different arguments, so I wanted the opinion and experience of real users - here goes...

Buying films/movies through iTunes is simple enough, until they bought in the HD/SD option...my question is: Are there any consequences of buying a HD film via the iPad, rather than though the Macbook??

For example, say I bought a HD film on the Macbook, would it play back on the iPad?

If i bought it through the iPad, would I end up with a different quality version when I downloaded it on the Macbook?

Or, is it just a case of buying a HD film through iTunes, whether using your iPad, iPhone or Mac will give you the same result?

The floor is open...

Many thanks :)

Suspended
May 3, 2011
If you buy HD version at 1080 on your Mac you get both SD and HD versions. This helps if you have a version 1 Apple TV 2 or an older iPad. If you buy HD on a iPad 2 you only get the option to buy HD in 720 not 1080.

It does seem a little messy with the different options so I guess it depends on your device configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.