Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

May 8, 2008
I thought to myself the same exact thing. With my luck if that happened I would have the police at my front door trying to recollect them for Best Buy. Haha

Unlikely given USPS regulations state that anything received in the mail, that one did not request, cannot be recovered by the party that sent the package.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Unlikely given USPS regulations state that anything received in the mail, that one did not request, cannot be recovered by the party that sent the package.

I think in this case it could be argued they DID order the item, they were just sent the wrong quantity.

Otherwise, any time an order was messed up, people could just keep everything. If I ordered an iPad and was sent a MacBook Pro, I doubt this regulation would hold up when BB wanted it back.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I can see how this happened, the iPads are packed in individual boxes (The ones that you get when you order one.) and those, 5 of them, are put in a bigger box to ship to retailers. The outside has five barcodes, but it sure would be easy for some poor warehouse boy to scan it once as a single product. We actually had that happen once early on at a retailer I worked at in college, we got in 3 big boxes of them, and they only scanned in 3, despite having 15. The Asset Protection was happy for awhile because most of the losses for the year were covered by selling 12 iPads we never "received." ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.