Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gumbys69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
So I bought apple care with my new 21 iMac but I didn't get anything to prove I have it in the box. How do I know I have it?

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
It auto-registers to the serial number of the iMac that you bought. As far as I know, you don't get a box, but be assured that it's in Apple's system.

It says "auto-enroll" on your orders page on Apple's store site, correct? (attached).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 2.37.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 2.37.11 PM.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 80

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
Use the check warranty service on the Apple support site. It should show the extended date. If you bought AC with a new product you will normally get confirmation after the 14 day return period is up.

SuperCyborg

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
From Apple:

We've even made it easy to enroll. In fact, you don't really have to do anything. When you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan with a new Mac, you'll be automatically registered in the plan. Shortly after your new Mac ships, we will mail you an AppleCare Welcome Packet, which includes your Proof of Coverage, as well as a Getting Started Guide with plan terms and conditions.

It's a good idea to keep this packet with your other Apple-related documentation for easy reference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.