Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Marjamrob1
macrumors regular

Compiling C Code To Run In Mobile Terminal

I wrote a simple C program that takes an equation in y intercept an creates a table. My math teacher offered me extra credit to show it to her.I would perfer to do it on my iPad, as opposed to a computer. So how can I compile that for use with Mobile Terminal on my iPad, so it will run to show my teacher? I have Xcode 4.2, and GCC so what should I do?
Marjamrob1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Marjamrob1
macrumors regular

Anyone? Sorry, I'm impatient I just have to have this done by tomorrow.
Marjamrob1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3
lee1210
macrumors 68040

My immediate inclination is:
ssh from Mobile Terminal to a machine you can run your program on
I'm sure there's documentation for getting tools installed in Mobile Terminal but I don't know how to do it, and me looking it up is no more useful than you looking it up. Also I think general jailbreaky stuff is in a grey area on the forums.

Also... There's still a place for computers. You didn't write, test, and debug this code on your iPad. Running it on one for show is fine, but honestly... you know how to run it in your computer, and you don't know how to on your iPad. Learning is great, so learn! By all means. But maybe it's better to just show your teacher on a computer, get your extra credit, then figure out the iPad hootenanny.

Care for us to review your code?

-Lee
lee1210 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Marjamrob1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1210 View Post
My immediate inclination is:
ssh from Mobile Terminal to a machine you can run your program on
I'm sure there's documentation for getting tools installed in Mobile Terminal but I don't know how to do it, and me looking it up is no more useful than you looking it up. Also I think general jailbreaky stuff is in a grey area on the forums.

Also... There's still a place for computers. You didn't write, test, and debug this code on your iPad. Running it on one for show is fine, but honestly... you know how to run it in your computer, and you don't know how to on your iPad. Learning is great, so learn! By all means. But maybe it's better to just show your teacher on a computer, get your extra credit, then figure out the iPad hootenanny.

Care for us to review your code?

-Lee
Sure i will upload it later. I ended up using the interpreter on the appstore though.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:29 PM   #5
rien333
macrumors regular

Wait, there's a C interpreter on the App Store? Is it offline?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:11 PM   #6
lee1210
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by rien333 View Post
Wait, there's a C interpreter on the App Store? Is it offline?
This appears to below-board, Cydia, jailbreaky stuff. That's fine, but some don't go in for that stuff.

-Lee
lee1210 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:14 PM   #7
Marjamrob1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1210 View Post
This appears to below-board, Cydia, jailbreaky stuff. That's fine, but some don't go in for that stuff.

-Lee
Refering to this, on the appstore.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id445292818

Works well enough, apparently not banned since it "interprets and doesn't actually install the program."

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming