Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:44 AM   #1
AllanAndersen
macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 and Genius Playlist

Like a few others I am not happy with iTunes 11. It's more complicated to use, than the previous version.
In iTunes 10.x it was very simple to save a Genius Playlist. In iTunes 11 I cannot find the function. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
AllanAndersen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:05 AM   #2
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAndersen View Post
Like a few others I am not happy with iTunes 11. It's more complicated to use, than the previous version.
In iTunes 10.x it was very simple to save a Genius Playlist. In iTunes 11 I cannot find the function. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
Here you go:

Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:39 AM   #3
AllanAndersen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
Here you go:

Thanks for a fast reply. But the command I am missing is "Save Genius Playlist".
In the former version, you could do so, resulting in a Genius playlist named after the first tune in thye list.
Have you found the "Save" command?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:17 AM   #4
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAndersen View Post
the command I am missing is "Save Genius Playlist".
In the former version, you could do so, resulting in a Genius playlist named after the first tune in thye list.
Have you found the "Save" command?
What you describe is exactly how the "Create Genius Playlist" command works. It creates/saves a Genius playlist named after the selected song. The generic playlist item called 'Genius' has been removed . Thus manually saving such a list is no longer required. It's one step less you have to do compared to the previous version.

If you've clicked "Start Genius" instead of "Create Genius Playlist", then the upcoming songs will appear in the Up Next list. To create a playlist containing those items, switch to the playlist view, then select and drag the items appearing in Up Next to the "PLAYLISTS" header in the sidebar.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:14 AM   #5
AllanAndersen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
What you describe is exactly how the "Create Genius Playlist" command works. It creates/saves a Genius playlist named after the selected song. The generic playlist item called 'Genius' has been removed . Thus manually saving such a list is no longer required. It's one step less you have to do compared to the previous version.

If you've clicked "Start Genius" instead of "Create Genius Playlist", then the upcoming songs will appear in the Up Next list. To create a playlist containing those items, switch to the playlist view, then select and drag the items appearing in Up Next to the "PLAYLISTS" header in the sidebar.

Thanks for the instructions. Previously I made the Genius Playlist from the "Music"-view. Following your instructions I have to go via the Up Next list, if the preferred song is not in the Up Next list. I approciate your time.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Stuke
macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm dumb and missing something but.

Quote:

I'm with Allen Andersen...I don't have the "Create Genius Playlist" command in the contextual menu. I'm in the Music view, list view, with the song selected I want to be the source or key song for the Genius list. Clicking on the triangle to the right of the some name gives me:

So, if you don't mind explaining it again, what am I missing here?

Thanks.
Stuke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 09:51 AM   #7
AllanAndersen
macrumors newbie

Stuke. It's my experience you need to add the song to the "upcoming songs". From that position you can right click on the song and choose "create genius list"

Hope this helps.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store