Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Cjshino
macrumors member

after 'trying' 4 laptops in the past month I finally found the Mac Air

I tried an HP laptop, two Acer Ultrabooks and an Asus over the past month and Im finally satisfied with my new 11' Air even though the other laptops have more/better features in some regards. I love everything about MBA. With its sleek design, user interface and build quality im glad i bought it. This is my main computer and while a lot of people say the 13' is better because of the screen Im perfectly fine with an 11' screen. So why did you guys get a MBA over other laptops?
Cheers
Cjshino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:57 PM   #2
TouchArchive
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjshino View Post
I tried an HP laptop, two Acer Ultrabooks and an Asus over the past month and Im finally satisfied with my new 11' Air even though the other laptops have more/better features in some regards. I love everything about MBA. With its sleek design, user interface and build quality im glad i bought it. This is my main computer and while a lot of people say the 13' is better because of the screen Im perfectly fine with an 11' screen. So why did you guys get a MBA over other laptops?
Cheers
I am windows users,but now i have MBA 13' mid 2012.Like it so much!
Primary laptop for me.TouchPad so sensitive like iPad and iPhone.
: apple: MacBook Air 13' mid2012
TouchArchive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

First reason-integration of OSX with iOS and the build quality,trust in and being a first time OSX user,just love it over Win7.And MBA is pretty darn good value for money too !
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4
colourfastt
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
First reason-integration of OSX with iOS and the build quality,trust in and being a first time OSX user,just love it over Win7.And MBA is pretty darn good value for money too !
Being a relatively long-time OS X user I absolutely HATE the OS X/iOS integration.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:35 PM   #5
wolfpuppies3
macrumors 6502

Reliability, ease of use, longevity, iOs OSX integration. Not to mention they are pretty.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:48 PM   #6
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourfastt View Post
Being a relatively long-time OS X user I absolutely HATE the OS X/iOS integration.
To each his own,but I really like it,makes life easier for me.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:57 PM   #7
sostoobad
macrumors regular

I would say the OS and resale value, and yes the 11" is just too cool...in a car world comparison..the 11" is like a Fiat X1/9 for those who remember it, I have owned 2 of those pupsters....100% pure fun...limited, yes, only holds 2 people yes....BUT all the excitment of a small Ferrari...YES...and that is their quote.

The MBA 11" truly is the Fiat X1/9
sostoobad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:09 AM   #8
knarzie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Anything in particular? We have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones, and no matter how hard I try to sync the calendars, something is always missing and I've stopped trusting it for anything important.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:58 AM   #9
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Agree with you big time on this. They are two different animals; let's keep them separate. What's intuitive on a phone or a tablet, is not necessarily so on a desktop. We're definitely not getting the best of both worlds.

"You can converge a toaster and a refrigerator, but those things are probably not going to be pleasing to the user". Tim Cook
macs4nw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:29 AM   #10
philosopherdog
macrumors 6502

I went though the same process some years ago. I tried to buy a windows laptop to replace one that had died and I just couldn't find anything decent. As is common out there, I had an irrational hate for Apple, but after reading impartial reviews and giving my head a shake I tried a unibody when they first came out and I was completely blown away. But as far as the air being the best machine, it depends on a lot of factors. I personally sold mine and went for the 15 inch retina, and I also have 2 27 inch iMacs. But I'm a software developer. So I have different needs. Anyhow, enjoy your new discovery.
philosopherdog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:46 AM   #11
beysus
macrumors member

My old Sony laptop which is actually of great quality just wasn't portable enough (battery died after 6 months, it's a 15,4" screen, too heavy with 2.8kg). Of course it wasn't the fastest machine either now so I needed something new. I looked at all the laptops in the stores and found them so cheap: screen sucks, keyboard feels weird, the whole thing makes noises when you press somewhere too hard, things like that. So in order to get something of more quality I would have at least spend 1000 Euro on a Windows computer.

My sister was in need of a new laptop last year and she first wouldn't want a Mac, so she got a 900€ Sony. (I always told her to get a MacBook but she didn't want to.) One day in use: it was making some weird noise and one key fell off. I always thought you could rely on Sony devices but that was a true bummer. So she returned it and got finally a MacBook Pro and she absolutely loves it.

This summer it was finally my turn to get a new laptop. I always thought I'd get a MacBook Pro as well but then when Apple introduced the new Air I was like: "Damn, this beautifully slim thing got now enough power and space!" So I ended up getting the MacBook Air and I know it was the best choice made.

The OS actually helps the User and I've had no troubles yet with the Air recognizing devices etc.

A few years ago I wouldn't have bought a Apple laptop cause I couldn't justify getting a laptop with comparable less power and storage and not sooo many software to run. But things definitely changed over the years and I'm happy with my purchase.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air