Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:24 AM   #1
chenks
macrumors 6502a

new "home videos" on appletv

i have some content in iTunes 11 and have set it to the new "home videos" category.

how do i see this on the appletv? doesn't appear to be an option to see them.
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:28 AM   #2
chambord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenks View Post
i have some content in iTunes 11 and have set it to the new "home videos" category.

how do i see this on the appletv? doesn't appear to be an option to see them.
You can thank Apple for just completely neglecting AppleTV. AppleTV still can't sort TV shows just by show. Sure, iTunes does it great now. But AppleTV still has to list each season individually, which makes it suck for browsing shows
chambord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:56 AM   #3
QWERTYMac7
macrumors regular

You should be able to find your 'home movies' on the AppleTV by scrolling to the top and sliding over to Genre.

Best of luck!
QWERTYMac7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4
chenks
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTYMac7 View Post
You should be able to find your 'home movies' on the AppleTV by scrolling to the top and sliding over to Genre.

Best of luck!
that's a workaround though, not a positive solution.

what if the "genre" is comedy, it's going to be in amongst all the movies that also have comedy as the genre.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:59 AM   #5
mic j
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenks View Post
that's a workaround though, not a positive solution.

what if the "genre" is comedy, it's going to be in amongst all the movies that also have comedy as the genre.
You make "home videos" that are comedies, drama's, horror, etc? Most of mine are the kid laying on the floor slobbering.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:22 AM   #6
chenks
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
You make "home videos" that are comedies, drama's, horror, etc? Most of mine are the kid laying on the floor slobbering.
so which genre would that fall into then? "kids & family"? as i have various proper movies that fall into that genre too.

as i said, accessing them via the genre listing is a workaround, it can't be deemed a proper way of accessing them.

it seems the appletv engineers forgot to liase with itunes engineers (as usual).

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater