Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:24 AM   #1
chenks
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
new "home videos" on appletv

i have some content in iTunes 11 and have set it to the new "home videos" category.

how do i see this on the appletv? doesn't appear to be an option to see them.
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:28 AM   #2
chambord
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenks View Post
i have some content in iTunes 11 and have set it to the new "home videos" category.

how do i see this on the appletv? doesn't appear to be an option to see them.
You can thank Apple for just completely neglecting AppleTV. AppleTV still can't sort TV shows just by show. Sure, iTunes does it great now. But AppleTV still has to list each season individually, which makes it suck for browsing shows
chambord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:56 AM   #3
QWERTYMac7
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
You should be able to find your 'home movies' on the AppleTV by scrolling to the top and sliding over to Genre.

Best of luck!
QWERTYMac7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4
chenks
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTYMac7 View Post
You should be able to find your 'home movies' on the AppleTV by scrolling to the top and sliding over to Genre.

Best of luck!
that's a workaround though, not a positive solution.

what if the "genre" is comedy, it's going to be in amongst all the movies that also have comedy as the genre.
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:59 AM   #5
mic j
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenks View Post
that's a workaround though, not a positive solution.

what if the "genre" is comedy, it's going to be in amongst all the movies that also have comedy as the genre.
You make "home videos" that are comedies, drama's, horror, etc? Most of mine are the kid laying on the floor slobbering.
__________________
17" MBP '09, 2.66 GHz, 8GB RAM; 13" MBP (Retina) '12, 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM; iPad 2, 32GB; iPhone 5s; AE; AppleTV 3; AEBS w 1TB Seagate HDD; 65" Mits DLP, Sony STR-DB1070 AVR
mic j is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:22 AM   #6
chenks
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
You make "home videos" that are comedies, drama's, horror, etc? Most of mine are the kid laying on the floor slobbering.
so which genre would that fall into then? "kids & family"? as i have various proper movies that fall into that genre too.

as i said, accessing them via the genre listing is a workaround, it can't be deemed a proper way of accessing them.

it seems the appletv engineers forgot to liase with itunes engineers (as usual).
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help gettting "home videos" category movies off iPad2 kitenski iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Dec 24, 2013 02:51 AM
When I "updated" rather then "restored" my home screen background look like this! Krissypantz2828 iOS 7 16 Sep 12, 2013 05:31 PM
Need help setting "home" and "work" locations correctly dk143 iOS 6 4 Jun 23, 2013 07:03 PM
Can you trick the internet to think your within a "home" network without a mac home? Joshiboi099 MacBook Pro 13 Jul 4, 2012 05:23 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC