Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with a quick questions. I recently upgraded to iTunes 11 and noticed there were some songs that my wife purchased showing up with a "download from iCloud" icon next to them. I asked her about it and she confirmed that these were songs she had bought with our apple ID to put on her iPhone.

Here's the thing. I'm very confused as to why they are showing as available in iCloud as we do not have an iCloud account? We plan on each getting an iCloud account after we upgrade from Snow Leopard, but at this point neither of us has set one up.

So, how is it that we have songs "in iCloud" if we don't have an iCloud account? Anyone ever seen this before or know what's going on? Is it just as simple as Apple storing your previous purchases for you to re-download? I know you have always been able to access your purchase history and download anything that was previously purchased. Has Apple moved this feature to iCloud regardless of whether you have an account or not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.