Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comovartia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Whenever my macbook comes out of sleep and it connects to the internet wirelessly, it connects to a neighbors guest account and not my network and I have to manually change it to connect it to my network. How do I change it so it will connect to my network when it wakes up. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now.
Running OSX 10.6.8
Thanks

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Whenever my macbook comes out of sleep and it connects to the internet wirelessly, it connects to a neighbors guest account and not my network and I have to manually change it to connect it to my network. How do I change it so it will connect to my network when it wakes up. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now.
Running OSX 10.6.8
Thanks

Click on the Airport icon, Open Network Preferences, select your Wi-Fi adapter, and then click on Advanced. Under Preferred Networks, remove all of the ones you don't want. Also, make sure to move (click on and hold the network name) the name of your network name to the top. Hit Ok, and Apply. Test it and let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.