Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Whenever I'm in the app store, and buy an application, it doesn't ask me for my credit card information each time - instead, it just goes through with the download (asks for password after a while).

Is there any way I can change the settings so that for each app purchase, it requires you to put in the credit card information? That way people can't randomly buy apps when I'm not on my iPad?

I share my iPad with my brother, but I bought stuff with my credit card on my iPad. He's been buying stuff with my credit card on the iPad - Does anyone know how I can force the App store to ask for credit card info for each purchase? I know that's what the password is for, but I share the iPad with him, although the credit card info that the iPad remembers is mine...

A little help?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Whenever I'm in the app store, and buy an application, it doesn't ask me for my credit card information each time - instead, it just goes through with the download (asks for password after a while).

Is there any way I can change the settings so that for each app purchase, it requires you to put in the credit card information? That way people can't randomly buy apps when I'm not on my iPad?

I share my iPad with my brother, but I bought stuff with my credit card on my iPad. He's been buying stuff with my credit card on the iPad - Does anyone know how I can force the App store to ask for credit card info for each purchase? I know that's what the password is for, but I share the iPad with him, although the credit card info that the iPad remembers is mine...

A little help?

Under settings, general, pass code lock set a passwords to immediately so when he goes to purchase it requires a password he doesn't know.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Under settings, general, pass code lock set a passwords to immediately so when he goes to purchase it requires a password he doesn't know.

I can't lock the iPad -- it's both of ours. But the credit card info (that the App Store remembers) is my credit card -- I want to remove the App Store's ability to remember my credit card number...

That way, he can still purchase free apps (and I don't have to change the Apple ID password), but he can't use my credit card to buy a bunch of apps.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Tap Apple ID > Tap View Apple ID > Payment Information > Set Payment Type to None

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.