Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:13 PM   #1
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

In the App Store, it doesn't ask me to put in credit card info

Whenever I'm in the app store, and buy an application, it doesn't ask me for my credit card information each time - instead, it just goes through with the download (asks for password after a while).

Is there any way I can change the settings so that for each app purchase, it requires you to put in the credit card information? That way people can't randomly buy apps when I'm not on my iPad?

I share my iPad with my brother, but I bought stuff with my credit card on my iPad. He's been buying stuff with my credit card on the iPad - Does anyone know how I can force the App store to ask for credit card info for each purchase? I know that's what the password is for, but I share the iPad with him, although the credit card info that the iPad remembers is mine...

A little help?
PhiladelphiaX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:20 PM   #2
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

Only ways are dont share your pass, or sign out of your apple ID when not in use or last remove your CC infos.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:23 PM   #3
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
Only ways are dont share your pass, or sign out of your apple ID when not in use or last remove your CC infos.
Thanks for the quick response. How would I go about removing CC info?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603

Change your password. Take your CC off your account. Don't share accounts. Use iTunes cards only.

From iTunes go into account info.
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Tortri
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaX View Post
Whenever I'm in the app store, and buy an application, it doesn't ask me for my credit card information each time - instead, it just goes through with the download (asks for password after a while).

Is there any way I can change the settings so that for each app purchase, it requires you to put in the credit card information? That way people can't randomly buy apps when I'm not on my iPad?

I share my iPad with my brother, but I bought stuff with my credit card on my iPad. He's been buying stuff with my credit card on the iPad - Does anyone know how I can force the App store to ask for credit card info for each purchase? I know that's what the password is for, but I share the iPad with him, although the credit card info that the iPad remembers is mine...

A little help?
Under settings, general, pass code lock set a passwords to immediately so when he goes to purchase it requires a password he doesn't know.
Tortri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:58 PM   #6
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortri View Post
Under settings, general, pass code lock set a passwords to immediately so when he goes to purchase it requires a password he doesn't know.
I can't lock the iPad -- it's both of ours. But the credit card info (that the App Store remembers) is my credit card -- I want to remove the App Store's ability to remember my credit card number...

That way, he can still purchase free apps (and I don't have to change the Apple ID password), but he can't use my credit card to buy a bunch of apps.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:29 AM   #7
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Tap Apple ID > Tap View Apple ID > Payment Information > Set Payment Type to None
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad