Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1
SF Mac Guy
macrumors newbie

Delivery Thread for 27" iMac December Orders

I know there are some stragglers who placed orders on November 30 but haven't shipped (I feel your anxiety!), but I wanted to dedicate a thread for the delivery status of those who ordered in December. Order date, location, config, shipping status.

December 3
U.S.
i5 2.9 ghz, 8 gb ram, 1 tb fusion drive
Still "processing" and cancelable.
SF Mac Guy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Photography
macrumors 6502a

Ordered December 1st (US)

27-inch iMac
Delivers Dec 31 - Jan 7 via 2-3 Business Days (complimentary upgrade)

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
Photography is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Wagnel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wagnel
Ordered December 11th

Available to ship: January

2.9 i5
8gb
1tb fusion

*CC authorized at order time, then disappeared about a week after the order. No charge or authorization on the card since then.

Last edited by Wagnel; Dec 19, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Wagnel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Wagnel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnel View Post
Ordered December 11th

2.9 i5
8gb
1tb fusion

*CC authorized at order time, then disappeared about a week after the order. No charge or authorization on the card since then.
Just went to "Preparing for shipment"! got an alert from my cc regarding the charge
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:24 AM   #5
Wagnel
macrumors newbie

Talking

Quote:
Ordered December 11th

2.9 i5
8gb
1tb fusion

Quote:
Just went to "Preparing for shipment"! got an alert from my cc regarding the charge
And just shipped! Should get here on the 10th
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:37 AM   #6
corporatestooge
macrumors newbie

Hey, Dip... Can't you please make another diagram? Would be awesome to see if the trend we saw in the first one continues.
Alto I'm pretty sure people who got their order forgets to update the chart.

Just called Apple and got the "All I can see is the same thing you can see on the homepage" Ordered Nov 30.
corporatestooge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Lundy
macrumors newbie

Apple placed a hold on my $ today. It is only slightly concerning that I am excited about money coming out of my account versus into it

How long is it typically from Apple checking for funds to prepping for shipment?
Lundy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:57 AM   #8
RyanDe680
macrumors member

Ordered December 2nd to Chicago

27-inch iMac
Delivers Dec 28 - Jan 4 via 2-3 Business Days

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
PAGES PREINSTALLED
NUMBERS PREINSTALLED
COUNTRY KIT
RyanDe680 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:15 AM   #9
gecko20
macrumors member

ordered first december at 10 am ^^,
nothing new until now

I7
8 GB of Ram, i will upgrade myself
1TB Fusion
680MX

Last edited by gecko20; Dec 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
gecko20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:32 AM   #10
cerealito
macrumors newbie

Ordered from France on December 6th.

Base 27 + 1TB Fusion Drive.

Status is still "processing" Expected delivery: 07 Jan - 11 Jan

Damn the wait is too long
cerealito is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:48 AM   #11
LogicPro
macrumors regular

Good thread.

Ordered: December 6th (US, NYC)
Delivers Jan 3 - Jan 9 via 2-3 Business Days

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
LogicPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:08 PM   #12
hermantan1201
macrumors newbie

Ordered on 1st December 9pm Singapore time and status just changed to shipped from preparing shipment within 24 hours. But they didn't charge my debit card, why?

With the following configuration:
•
2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
•
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
•
1TB Fusion Drive
•
NVIDIA GeForce GT 660M 512MB GDDR5
•
Magic Trackpad
•
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Int'l English) & User’s Guide (English)
•
Accessory Kit
hermantan1201 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:03 AM   #13
dogcat
macrumors newbie

Unhappy December 8th order

i7
fusion drive

January..... (likely the 31st!)
dogcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:07 AM   #14
meivk
macrumors newbie

Cool Waiting

Ordered Dec 9 th

despatched January

Still processing

27 inch

meivk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:12 AM   #15
rbetchel
macrumors newbie

Dec 1 afternoon order- now on the truck for delivery

I ordered in the afternoon of Dec 1 with a promised delivery of 12/31 to 1-7. I was stuck "in processing" until this Tuesday. Then things started happening fast. I got notice of shipping with an estimated delivery of Dec 28. But the actual package got to Oklahoma City last night, and is now on the truck for delivery.

I ordered the 27 inch 3.4 I7, with the 2 GB graphics, 1 TB drive and 8 GB. I will add in 16 GB of memory and a Lacie external Thunderbolt 256 GB SSD that will be my main boot drive.

This marks a return to the Apple fold for me. I got my start in I.T. doing tech support for an Apple re seller when the dream machine was a Mac SE/30.

This makes for a GREAT Christmas surprise. I definitely never anticipated delivery before the end of December. Merry Christmas everyone!
rbetchel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:03 AM   #16
bill phillips
macrumors regular

ok so heres an important question for some of you guys...did you change your order at anytime after your initial order? If so has it impacted your delivery time at all? I for one ordered on dec 5, updated to the ssd a week later and was reassured by the guy from apple that it made no difference in shipping times since at that time nothing would be shipping for a couple weeks anyway...But now the longer time passes with still "processing" and people who ordered 2 weeks after me are getting theirs, im starting to get pissed and feel like i was misled slightly...so anyone else change their order and what if any impact did it have on your delivery time?
bill phillips is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:11 AM   #17
Mac32
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill phillips View Post
ok so heres an important question for some of you guys...did you change your order at anytime after your initial order? If so has it impacted your delivery time at all? I for one ordered on dec 5, updated to the ssd a week later and was reassured by the guy from apple that it made no difference in shipping times since at that time nothing would be shipping for a couple weeks anyway...But now the longer time passes with still "processing" and people who ordered 2 weeks after me are getting theirs, im starting to get pissed and feel like i was misled slightly...so anyone else change their order and what if any impact did it have on your delivery time?
? I initially ordered on 31. november, but was told that no changes were possible to my order, so I had to delete my initial order and order again on the 7th. I'm pretty sure that when you changed your order, it was made as a complete new order on that day.
Mac32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:25 AM   #18
Susan552
macrumors newbie

Ordered Dec. 8th.
Shows "Available to Ship: January". no comment.[img]http://*************************/images/24.gif[/img][img]http://*************************/images/25.gif[/img][img]http://*************************/images/26.gif[/img][img]http://*************************/images/27.gif[/img][img]http://*************************/images/28.gif[/img]
Susan552 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:02 AM   #19
Sperry8
macrumors newbie

Apple ripped me off!

I received my new iMac yesterday with 1TB fusion drive (ordered Dec 11). Wow, that drive is fast! Sadly, I've been using the retina display ipad for 30 days now, and it blows away the screen clarity on the imac. I wish it had retina!

And apple also configured my system incorrectly. I ordered and PAID for 16GB of RAM, and yet the system only has 8. A $200 upgrade - that wasn't added!

I am pissed off. Can you imagine? They better do something for me, other than just send out a RAM card and expect me to install it.

Be sure to check your memory, dont just assume it's correct!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.03.31 AM.png
Views:	15
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	388966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.05.12 AM.png
Views:	25
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	388967  

Last edited by Sperry8; Jan 9, 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: to add screenshots
Sperry8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:46 AM   #20
nudave
macrumors newbie

Preparing!

Ordered 12/15, went to preparing this morning, although still only says "January."

My credit card charge went through this morning also, so it's not necessarily true that the CC charge hits a day or two in advance...

27-inch iMac
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD
COUNTRY KIT
nudave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:09 PM   #21
jstnlzr
macrumors regular

GOOD NEWS FELLAS!
Were no longer stuck in Memphis :P

3:46 pm
International shipment release - Import

Finally....
jstnlzr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:41 PM   #22
Will M
macrumors newbie

OK, here we go....

I have been following both the Reseller Threads and the December Order Thread since the absolute beginning of these threads.

First of all, great work to everybody, very cooperative and informative!

Now I am ready to participate and really fed up just reading all the replies every day, it's time I put in some information myself.

I have ordered the 27' Base Model (trackpad) + Superdrive + Devlivery in January!!! through a reseller in Germany on the 6th of December, I would have ordered earlier, but the reseller was on a holiday till the 6th.
The reason I have ordered at a reseller was because I could order through work and thought that it would be quick and reliable.
I was quite wrong.....!

I have heard nothing else than, Apple does not respond, the order has no delivery date, Apple has not confirmed yet, the order isn't processing yet, etc.

I am waiting 8 weeks now, and reaaaally getting annoyed at the way Apple is taking care of things. It's obviously not the resellers fault. All resellers around the globe are left in the dark completely in my opinion! Just check out the reseller threads, it's really not just the ones I have spoken with.
I visited a local reseller here in Germany today, one of several in the city.
I provided him with a few questions, such as how is Apple handling you at the moment regarding the new iMac?
And guess what....?
Same story, no news from Apple, only the Apple store has a few, bla, bla, bla....

I asked him if he was angry or annoyed, and of course he was, but as you can imagine... He said, what can you do about the way Apple takes care of things regarding the new iMac delivery. They are in charge! This way of doing things is hurting the resellers in my opinion. This has been stated in the reseller threads before, and I think it's true.

I am not gonna repeat the replies in all threads I have read, that resellers are receiving their iMacs a bit slower than Apple itself. That was ok for me, but reading three threads for the past 2 months waiting for it.....
I have seen and heard enough!
I am a big and longtime Apple user, but my whole experience up to receiving my new iMac is making me sick at the moment! Disgusting!

The only thing I can do is be patient, and share my story here, knowing that it is one more reply in all threads going on about the new iMac.

I wish those who wait with me good luck, and those who have received their machine the best times!

Waiting.....
Will M is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:16 PM   #23
surripere
macrumors member

So apple decided to put the charge through and my cc company, for the second time, auto-locked my card without calling me to question the charge. Apple's website now says I need to reorder. I've been on hold with apple support for a half hour.

I'm beyond pissed off.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:22 PM   #24
Pngwyn
macrumors regular

Ordered 12/11/2012 from USA WA, charge attempted 1/11/2013 and successful today! can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by surripere View Post
So apple decided to put the charge through and my cc company, for the second time, auto-locked my card without calling me to question the charge. Apple's website now says I need to reorder. I've been on hold with apple support for a half hour.

I'm beyond pissed off.
What? That's weird. Try calling in. The same thing happened with me, Apple charged my account, cc company thought it was weird and closed my credit card. I called into Apple, paid with a new card and now it's preparing for shipment 30 minutes after the call.

On another note, do you guys know if packages go out for shipment during the weekend? Preparing for shipment on a Friday... I hope it doesn't wait until Monday to actually go out. Oh well, either way I'm happy it's changed status.

Last edited by Pngwyn; Jan 11, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Pngwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:12 PM   #25
deanshamrock
macrumors newbie

Ordered: December 1 - 9pm MST

Delivers: January 2-8 (Standard Shipping)

Configuration:
1TB Fusion Drive

*CC charged at order time, then disappeared about a week after the order. On Sunday, Apple posted $1 to the CC to check for available funds and is still on my online statement.

Last edited by deanshamrock; Dec 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
deanshamrock is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac