Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Looking to make this move as I have had enough of my MBP dragging ass due to outlook's resources. I have about 5k emails in inbox but couple 100k email in offline folders on my MBP. I'd just want to start with inbox before exporting everything else. I use calendar, contacts and notes as well. Best way to set this up?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I don't have any advise to moving to gmail for a corp email.

I do recommend moving to your own email servers. That way you could have something like bob@yourcompany.com. That looks like a company I want to deal with and receive email from.

If you send me a quote request or bill payment request from bob@gmail.com it'll go straight to the trash as spam.

Setting up a email server for your company should cost zero dollars and about 15 minutes. It may take 4 or 5 hours of research if you are doing it.

I'm sorry I couldn't directly help you with gmail as I've never created a gmail account for clients, I have moved many away from gmail though. PM me if you decide to move away from gmail and I'll save you 4 hours research.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
I don't have any advise to moving to gmail for a corp email.

I do recommend moving to your own email servers. That way you could have something like bob@yourcompany.com. That looks like a company I want to deal with and receive email from.

If you send me a quote request or bill payment request from bob@gmail.com it'll go straight to the trash as spam.

Setting up a email server for your company should cost zero dollars and about 15 minutes. It may take 4 or 5 hours of research if you are doing it.

I'm sorry I couldn't directly help you with gmail as I've never created a gmail account for clients, I have moved many away from gmail though. PM me if you decide to move away from gmail and I'll save you 4 hours research.

It's easy to use Gmail to run your own domain name email. i.e., bob@company.com, but Gmail is hosting and running the email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.