Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mistuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Amesbury, UK
I've got a really bizarre printing problem with colour using Aperture.

I'm using 10.8.2 and Aperture 3.4.3

Printing to an Epson R3000 printer using the latest driver (9.04)

The problem ONLY occurs when printing directly from Aperture. If I print from Lightroom (trying the test drive demo) it's fine - more bizarrly if I print to PDF from Aperture and then print it's fine.... One more bizarre issue - it's only when I print something using phot black ink - matt black settings don't seem affected.

The problem is the prints are very dull, reds are dark and skin colour looks terrible (like a deathly shade), but as I say, using Lightroom, or print to pdf first is fine.

I've checked color profiles, etc, including the ones in the print driver and all look ok. The preview image in the print dialog look fine, as does using soft proofing.

I've tried:

reinstalling aperture
resetting printing system
reinstalling printer profiles
reinstalling printer
repairing colorsync profiles
repairing disk permissions
ditching aperture user prefs

and now I'm stuck!

Hope someone can give me other ideas to try! :)

Thanks,

Kevin

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4.3

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
How are your ink levels? I printed a jpg out of both Aperture and PhotoShop the othe day and had problems with the saturation on the blues. My printer is an Epson 1400 Stylus Photo. The image in question was just an Internet download of a ship my nephew is serving on so it may have been the image itself. PhotoShops Print Setup kept warning me that it had no color profile. I downloaded the Adobe Print Utility from Adobe.com and got a reasonably OK print.

Dale

mistuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Amesbury, UK
Thanks for the suggestion - ink levels are fine, and, as I say, it prints fine from LR and also going from aperture to print to PDF to print....

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Make sure you're using the right color profile for both the monitor and printer as to ensure that colors match on screen and on print.

stangold

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Same print problem after updating version 3.4.5

I was printing perfectly before updating to the new Aperture version. Now my prints are muddy, dark, really terrible. Same print prints perfectly in Photoshop CS6. Noting wrong with printer or ink levels. I think there is a printing bug in the new Aperture.

Stan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.