Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1
APPLENEWBIE
macrumors 6502a

iTunes baffling - authorized machines

I AM BAFFLED. I must be stupid....

I understand that for on iTunes account, I can use it on, I think, 5 "computers" and 10 "devices."

Right now I have two computers, two iPhones and one iPad 'authorized." Thats, it. It will not allow me to add any more computers (i.e. Macs.)

Would/can somebody please tell me how this actually works? How many computers (ie macs) and how many ios devices can I use on one iTunes account?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:15 PM   #2
OllyW

Have you got rid of any your old computers and forgot to deauthorise them from your iTunes account?

This page explains how to reset your iTunes account by deauthorising all the computers linked to it.
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3
APPLENEWBIE
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
Have you got rid of any your old computers and forgot to deauthorise them from your iTunes account?

This page explains how to reset your iTunes account by deauthorising all the computers linked to it.
Thanks for responding! Myitunes account info shows only the two macs, two iphones and one ipad. Is it possible that other, older computers are somehow still registered? ALso, on the itunes account page, it gives only the option to deauthorize each computer shown individually.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

I had a similar problem. I've been good about deauthorizing computers when getting rid of them but my authorizations count was still 5. I just chose deauthorize all then re-authorized the two that I actually use. Only takes a minute then, problem solved.
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:19 AM   #5
APPLENEWBIE
macrumors 6502a

I think I've got it. Was able to deauthorize all, reauthorize two, and now it does show 2 computers and three "devices." Good to go. I didn't realize that you could "bulk" deauthorize... Thanks all

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
itunes