|Dec 23, 2012, 07:37 AM||#1|
1Password and Forums...
I am new to 1Password and am in the process of setting it up...
I am somewhat confused about forums settings when using 1Password...let me explain...
1. Before 1Password I had each forum setup to "remember me" such that the next time I went to the forum I did not have to re-enter my credentials.
2. With 1Password I am thinking that I should "NOT" use the "remember me" feature as this negates the very purpose of 1Password.
Is the above correct noting that the reason that I am confused is that some websites which I have now setup per 2 above do not seem to be storing my cookies correctly even after having cleared my cache and my cookies are starting over again.
Thanks in advance for the help.
|Dec 23, 2012, 09:50 AM||#2|
Hi! I'm a little confused about your question. I use 1Password and I set up all my website logins as per your number 2 above.
I don't think that should change anything about the site's cookies, except the cookie(s) used to "remember" should no longer be used.
I hope you get it straightened out, as I've found 1Password to be one of my most important and useful apps!
Alu iMac: early '08 24" Core2Duo w/DIY Fusion Drive; MacBook Pro: early 2011 15" ; 1st-gen Time Capsule (working just fine, thank you); Mac mini late '12 quad Core i7
|Dec 23, 2012, 12:34 PM||#4|
With 1Password installed I still make use of the "remember me" feature of websites. I have turned off the web browser storing passwords, so the only thing getting saved are website cookies.
The difference between now and then? I "Reset Safari" (delete all cookies) quite often now. Anytime I take my macbook out of the house, for example.
|Dec 24, 2012, 05:33 AM||#5|
Appreciate all of the answers but continue to be confused and run into problems so hopefully you can assist...
I am now using the following process:
1. Enter the URL...
2. Log on WITHOUT "remember me"
3. Look through the postings / website
4. When done purposely log out [though I wonder whether this step is necessary given that because "remember me" is not being used the website will not auto log me on when I next return]
I am getting mixed results in that for some sites when I enter they are showing no new posts even though -- by the date and time stamp -- there are clearly new posts.
I continue to think that the correct / right approach is as explained through steps 1. to 4. above but am wondering -- as I am not terribly knowledgeable about cookies -- whether or not my process is flawed because -- depending on the forums software -- I sometimes get the message:
All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index
I would appreciate some assistance as to the proper combination / usage combination of 1Password / Remember Me (i.e. USE / DO NOT USE) / Log Out (YES / NO) / Etc. so that the websites will consistently mark those posts that are new since my last visit.
With much thanks,
Last edited by JoelBC; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
|Dec 27, 2012, 05:47 AM||#6|
Bump with and update....
I know have 1Password fully setup with all / most of my websites and find that it generally works as advertised which means very well...I would appreciate some assistance / checking with the following instances / websites to make sure that the issues lies with the 1Password or the website and not me.
1. The website is http://forums.fourtitude.com/forumdi...Mk2-a5-chassis) . This is he one forum where that never indicates new posts (which is driving me nuts).
2. The website http://player.siriusxm.ca/#view=login as the username and password are never entered (i.e. nothing happens).
The same situation exists for http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?mode=login .
3. The website https://login.oracle.com/mysso/signon.jsp is an interesting one in that it does let one navigate to it via "bookmarked URLs". To be clear, adding the URL to 1Password results in the message
Error! Do not use bookmarked URL. Please type the URL you are trying to reach directly into your browser."
which means that one has to first navigate to the website before having 1Password fill in the credentials (i.e. pressing the 1Password icon, typing the first few lettersof the website and then hitting enter will not work).
Answers / feedback to the above would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by JoelBC; Dec 27, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|1Password for Mac Gets Updated with 30 New Features, 1Password Mini Item Editing||MacRumors||Mac Blog Discussion||248||May 25, 2014 01:03 PM|
|1Password 4||Oldmanmac||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||4||Dec 14, 2012 01:45 PM|
|1Password?||terrymaz||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||19||Nov 23, 2012 02:34 PM|
|1Password||Broph||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||13||Oct 28, 2012 07:23 PM|
|What is the difference between MacRumors Forums (2011) and MacRumours Forums (2012)?||snowleopard48||Site and Forum Feedback||4||Sep 12, 2012 07:18 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.