Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamsamclarke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hey everyone,

I've just been looking for games to install on my MacBook and it looks like I'm in this terrible limbo land where my graphics card is too old for newer games and no Rosetta for older ones.

I have the late '08 black MacBook (for anyone that remembers it) running Lion. Mine has
-2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
-4GB DDR2 RAM
-Intel GMA X3100 144 MB Graphics (unfortunately)

I'm sure theres still heaps of people around rocking this type of computer, can anyone recommend us any games at all? Just something pretty casual, I'm no big gamer but I'm looking for more thrills than say solitaire has to offer. Thanks!

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
As for older games and Rosetta, my main HD is set up for 10.6.8 gives me Rosetta, then I have another drive set up to boot from Lion partitoned for Bootcamp, covers most things I feel.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
What *types* of games were you thinking about? Did you have a particular game in mind?

With your set-up, I agree you are kind of in a limbo (i.e., Lion--no Rosetta, and then the issue of the Intel integrated graphics)...there may be some older Windows games you could play, either via Bootcamp, or Wineskin. Bootcamp may not be a worthwhile option ($$$, and your set up wouldn't be ideal), but for cheap and easy, running older Windows games via Wineskin may be an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.