Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I had my screen repaired on a touch 4G. Now the wifi does not work unless within 15' of the router. Router is verified good with multiple other devices, etc. I did full restore multiple times. Anyone heard of this?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
15 feet? I've never heard of anything like this before. Two questions:

What kind of wi-fi range were you able to get prior to your screen replacement? Also, where did you get your iPod touch 4th gen's screen replaced?

Have you tried resetting your modem/router?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
15 feet? I've never heard of anything like this before. Two questions:

What kind of wi-fi range were you able to get prior to your screen replacement? Also, where did you get your iPod touch 4th gen's screen replaced?

Have you tried resetting your router?

It worked fine before. Yes, router reset. It was a service through a seller on ebay. Maybe didn't connect the antenna?

rawfuls

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
I repair iPods, and the 4th gen models are particularly tricky.
It's possible that the antenna (located into the upper left corner of the screen) had been disconnected when the tech was fidgeting the board and digitizer cable to slip it in between the very tiny crack.

Shoot them a message regarding your issue, it's doubtful they'll honor it, but it's worth a try.

max53389

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Also could there be a possibility of the replacement glass that is in front of the wifi atena doesn't let the wifi signal through as good as the original since iPod touch 4g receives wifi signals through the front glass.
This could be due to a faulty/cheap replacement?
I don't know much about screen repairs but just throwing that out there as an option.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I repair iPods, and the 4th gen models are particularly tricky.
It's possible that the antenna (located into the upper left corner of the screen) had been disconnected when the tech was fidgeting the board and digitizer cable to slip it in between the very tiny crack.

Shoot them a message regarding your issue, it's doubtful they'll honor it, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the info. I figured it had something to do with the antenna. I will email them and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.